I did my normal morning routine which consisted of brushing my teeth, washing my face, and showering. Then I walked out of my bathroom and into my room.

I grabbed my clothes and quickly got dressed. I threw on a pair of black skinny jeans, a black tank top with a gray and white flannel over it. I also threw on my black Doc Martens.

I walked out of my room and towards the stairs, I smiled to myself as I heard my son singing to himself in his room

I walked out of my room and towards the stairs, I smiled to myself as I heard my son singing to himself in his room. I shook my head before walking down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I walked to the Keurig and turned it on, putting a Roasted cup in the slot. Then I walked to the breakfast cabinet and I pulled out the box of Honey Nut Cheerios and then the box of Coco Puffs, setting them both on the counter.

"Awesome! Coco Puffs my favorite!"

I turned to see Nic walking to the kitchen in his back to school outfit of choice. He chose to wear a pair of blue dark jeans, a red graphic shirt with a blue hoodie and his black converses that he just had to have.

"Looking good, nugget," I said as I flashed my son a small smile and he grinned brightly at me

"Thanks, Mom," he said as he walked to the fridge to grab the Orange juice and the milk. He walked over to the table while I grabbed the cereal and the bowl and followed him.

I sat the stuff down at the table and set Nic's bowl in front of him, sliding the box of Coco Puffs towards him. I walked to the coffee maker and shut it off, pouring myself a cup of coffee in my "World's Best Mom" mug.

I walked back over to the table and sat down across from Nic, taking the Cheerios and pouring myself a bowl. He handed me the milk after he used it and I poured milk into my bowl.

"So I won't be able to pick you up after school today," I said as I looked up at my son who was eating his breakfast. He frowned slightly as he looked at me.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"I have a cake that really needs to be finished before 5 for a wedding. But your father is in town and he promised to pick you up. He said something about wanting to spend some time with you," I said as I ate my own breakfast. His frown deepened.

"He promised?" He asked and I nodded my head, "Well...his promises don't mean much anymore," Nic said as he set his spoon down. I sighed. It was rough trying to explain Zayn to Nic. I never knew what to say to make Zayn seem like a good father in Nic's eyes because Zayn never really helps his case.

"Hey," I said, causing Nic to look up at me, "He'll be there. I'm sure of it," I said, offering a small smile, "You know he's a busy guy. But I know he loves you just as much I do and he never means to upset you. He promised and I know he'll keep this one."

Nico sighed and nodded his head, "Yeah okay."

"Hey. What do you say after school you, me, and your father bake something?" I asked my son.

He grinned slightly as he looked at me with bright eyes, "Really?"

I nodded and his grin grew, he held his hand out to me, "You got a deal," he said and I laughed, shaking his hand

"Now come on. Clear up. We're gonna be late."