Lydia's birthday (Part 2)

After few minutes Parrish walked into the house with gift for Lydia. It was in a little box. He looked at her and said "Happy birthday." She smiled and opened it, it was a necklace with pendant on letter "A". "It stands for Allison and Aid-" "Yes, I know....Thank you"- Lydia was looking at it for few seconds and she really liked it. "So uhm why isn't anybody here?" Parrish asked feeling a little bit confused because he heard how big Lydia's party should be. "I didn't want to have party, I was about to stay alone until my parents come back from work."   "Oh, um when are they back?" Parrish asked. "My mom is for about an hour, maybe less" Lydia said while looking at her necklace "I really like the gift, you didn't have to buy me anything." Parrish smiled at that again, he wasn't sure what to say. They sat on the couch and Lydia finally started speaking "Well, I was just wondering, how do you do it? How can you work at the police station and knowing that supernatural cratures are walking around town?"  "Well that's why I work there"- Parrish wasn't sure that he understood the question. "I know you can do more than that. I know who you are, I just don't know WHAT you are." Parrish was looking straight into her eyes, then turned look and slowly said "How did you find out? You've seen the list? The dead pool?" She nooded and said "I want to know what you are, I want to know are you against us....are you on our side?" Parrish looked back at her "I'm on your side." few silent seconds past "You are gonna find out, not today, but soon."  Now Lydia was confused. "If you are here to protect me do it, if you can fight against the berserkers and do things werewolves can't, why don't you do it? You are supernatural, you have powers. Well, not so strong I believe because you are worth 5 million, but I'm sure you can do something!" Lydia had tears in her eyes. Parrish held her hand and said "If I could protect you, I'll be here nonstop...But I can't, I can't fight against them and I don't know who can..." again few silent moments past, Parrish looked at his watch, it was almost 10pm. "Now i need to go, i'll see you tomorrow, I hope so." He looked at her for few seconds and then walked to the door. Lydia looked at him going. She stood up, ran to him and huged him. He wasn't expecting that and before he could even feel the confusion and hug her back, she kissed him. He knew that is going to happened someday but he was still suprised. Right after they kissed, the moment when they looked in each others eyes, Lydia's mom walked into the house. "Uhm why do I see police car outside?" she said while looking at Lydia and then to Parrish who wasn't in his uniform. "I was suprised that i don't hear any noise from this house so I borrowed the police car to check if everything was okay" Parrish said "I just noticed it's kinda late so.. yeah i need to go!" Parrish played that well, that's what Lydia thought. Her mom closed the door behind Parrish and saw Lydia's necklace on her table.