Comment 1: @dralice99

You see a lot of odd things at University. Students are notorious for their strange sense of fashion, practical jokes and decorating their dorm with a traffic cone after a good night out. So it wasn't particularly surprising when a Blue Box appeared out of nowhere outside the Student Union.

I remember I was on my way to lectures at the time, aiming to get there a bit early so I could find the best seat. I passed the Blue Box with an amused smile, wondering where someone had found the old-fashioned Police Box, and crossed the road towards Fulton House.

It was only then I realised something was wrong. The campus seemed extraordinarily quiet and, thinking back, I couldn't remember passing anyone on my way from halls. It's true that early mornings have always been the student's worst nightmare, but it wasn't that early. The pavements should have been thick with people heading to their first lecture. And where were all the buses?

As I looked down to check my phone, a woman rounded the corner and bumped into me.

"Ooh, sorry about that," she said, brushing her short blonde bangs from in front of her face, and smiling broadly. Her smile quickly faded as she studied me, and her brow furrowed. "Who're you? You shouldn't be here."

I frowned, confused. "I was just heading to my lecture - where exactly should I be?"

"I dunno," she replied, her smile returning, "but I think you've just got the morning off. You look like a clever girl with your..." she waved her hand, trying to find the right word, "university-ing. Fancy coming and helping work out what's wrong?"

You see a lot of odd things at University, but this woman was on a different level. I took in her mis-match of clothes from her rainbow-striped t-shirt and mustard braces to her blue trousers and weather-beaten boots, topped off with a hooded grey coat. This woman was perhaps one of the strangest people I have ever met, and yet just from that meeting I could tell she was extraordinary.

I look across at her and smile.