Her body started burning. Parts where the water touched her, started melting. Her flesh started sinking.
It looked so gross. And deadly.

She screamed in pain. Suddenly the door opened and I saw Mr. Redwoods enter with a suitcase.
"Ah, thank God Mr. Redwoods, you're here!" I sighed and ran towards him.
"Yes Abby, I'm sorry I'm late. Well, I see you've weakened the spirit. My work becomes easy." He said and smiled.

I nodded. He opened his suitcase and took out Bible, holy water and a shawl with JESUS written on it.
The spirit screamed even louder.
"Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out." The spirit said. It's voice changing multiple times. Sometimes of a man, sometimes of a woman and sometimes of a child...
"In the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit..." Mr. Redwoods started.

The screaming kept on increasing and echoing, almost tearing my ears apart. From the other room, I heard my mom screaming.

I ran to check on her. When I opened her room door, what I saw made my skin crawl.
She was covered in all bruises and had blood all over the walls with scratches.
"Mom!" I exclaimed and hurried towards her when her screaming stopped suddenly and she looked at me in the eye, I saw her pupils dilate. The colour of eyes changed from chocolate brown to dead grey.

"Get the hell out of my house." She whispered and started laughing at the same time crying. I understood, that spirit was trying to stop us by harming my mom.

One time I heard my mom's scream and the other time I heard that evil scream.
"Ab-Abby, don't let her get away with this. Don't worry about me, just finish this." Mom said,her eyes getting back to the same brown eyes I know.

"But mom..." I cried. Tears stained my cheeks and blurred my vision. I couldn't see mom like this.
"Abby, go!" She said more like ordered me to go in pain.
"I love you Ma, and I'm not gonna lose you!" I said.
I nodded, and ran towards her room door. I didn't look back, I was scared that I might lose all my strength if I see mom in that condition, again.
.
.
.
.
.
Mr. Redwoods stood firm and the maid was in a critically weakened condition in front of me.
Again the door opened in a rush and in came Andrew.
"Andrew!?" I exclaimed and went and hugged him. That's when my heart calmed down a bit.
"I'm here now Abby. Don't worry. And Mr. Redwoods I got the stuff you told me to." He said.
Mr. Redwoods nodded.
He then put that shawl over that spirit and it lay dead on the ground.
Then my. Redwoods turned to me with a very serious face.
"Abby, listen to me. You will have to go out of the house. This spirit is not fully gone, it will try possessing over your mom's body as well and for that we have to perform a strong exorcism over this house and your mom as well. This will affect you and night weaken your internal self which will give a great chance to this evil to get inside you." He said.

"But, sir, how can I leave my mom like that? I'm not going anywhere!" I tried staying firm.
Andrew walked closer to me and said,
"Abby, Mr. Redwoods is right. I'm there for your mom here. Please just go. Don't worry, we'll handle this. Please I can't lose you." He said.
Finally I agreed and moved out.

After 3 hours, the two of them came out of the house. I was sitting right in front of my home on a bench. "Andrew! Mr. Redwoods! Please tell me it's a success." I kind of begged them.

Andrew looked at me and after a few minutes, smiled.
"Yes Abby, it indeed was successful! Everything is okay now and your mom..." He paused and turned to our house,
Out came mom.
"Ma!" I smiled.
"Oh Abby, I've never been better!" She said. I couldn't express how happy I was.
"We even burnt the Ouija Board, and blessed the house." Mr. Redwoods said.
"Thank you so much!" I replied.
.
.
.
.
.
It was 7 years from that incident now. We shifted to UK.
Life was perfect. Everything was normal.
In school a girl asked me,
"Hey Abby! What's it like meeting a ghost? Is it fun?"

I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry.
All I replied to her was,
"Nothing much, it just plucks the living fiber out of you. That's it." And I left.

                           -x-

*Drumrolls*
AND THE BOOK IS OVER GUYS!!
After 2 long years this book is over....it took 2 years cuz I'm way too lazy;)

Anyway, thank you so much to read this book and hanging with me till the very end it means a lot to me. If this book has got highest ranks and won places in different awards it's just because of the readers of the book. I owe you all a huge thanks!

Have a good life!
Adios.
~Sanchali.

OuijaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara