35

Mr. Redwoods didn't call the next day. I was tensed.
Andrew was out of town for a couple of days. Some problem had risen, so he had to go.

The crosses were still in place. The room was still locked. But, the thing was, every night between 3am to 4am, I used to hear banging on the door of mom's locked room, from inside. Every night.
That was not strange at all. I knew it would happen. Alicia didn't try contacting me in these days. She went all silent.

The attic, though, gave me vibes, bad vibes. Again and again. Whenever I used to pass by the attic, I had chills all over my body. I don't know what's in there, and I want to find out.

I know you might think that this is such a stupid thinking, but I won't step back. I want to see. I want to find out.

The house was silent, very eerie.
Everything felt still, silent and echoing. This silence, it felt like it wanted to tell me something.
The fireplace burned giving out more and more heat.
Suddenly a cold wave of breeze hit me. Out of nowhere.

I looked behind me. My sight fell on a silhouette, near the curtains. Standing. The window was open. "Come here" it whispered, stressing on the words.
It was way too silent so I heard it.
I tried figuring out who's the silhouette actually was. I got up and started walking towards it. On the way I grabbed a cross.
I am not going to run. I will face it. I will end this. Today itself.

The shadow blinked red eyes. Glowing. Soon the shadow started turning into a human figure. Shortly, it turned into a real human. "Woah, you're really one ugly piece of sh*t." I said looking at her.

She had an elongated face, neck length hair, red blood dripping eyes, and wide open mouth.

She was wearing a Japanese outfit

She was wearing a Japanese outfit. Instantly I recalled, this was the maid that worked in this house before us. She was killed mysteriously.

She screamed a screeching scream making my bones huzzle. I kept myself strong.
'Just put the cross on her face and pour the holy water on her face. Mr. Redwoods is reaching.' I heard Alicia.
'Why should I trust you?' I asked.

'Just do as I say.'

I ran and got the holy water.
'i can do this.' I told myself.
"Jesus Christ, help me." I mumbled and placed the cross in front of her.

She looked at it and started laughing. Evil laugh echoed through the walls of my house and interior of myself.
She kept on laughing. As if what I was doing wasn't going to affect her.

Then I raised the holy water up and threw it on her. Her laugh minimised slowly and it stopped. She looked at the water drops on her hands. Then she looked at me. Rage was filled in her red eyes.

"I will kill you. I will kill you. I will kill you..." She kept on repeating, looking straight in my eyes.

"Yeah, for that you need to be alive." I said and threw the holy water again at her. I don't know why I wasn't scared anymore.