24

"Abby, wake up. We're here." I heard and felt some one shaking me. My eyes fluttered open. I pulled my head from the window pane.

"Oh,okay." I said rubbing my eyes.
He parked the car and we got out. I was so eager to meet mom. When I opened the door, all I saw was, darkness. It seemed like no one had hit the lights for decades.
"Mom?" I yelled. Hoping for a response back, but I got none.

I walked towards her room. I knocked.
"Mom, you in there?" I asked. I saw a human like figure walking towards me from the room. It was looking so thin, had short hair, just like my mom.
When light fell on her face, I was shocked completely. It was mom!

"Mom, what the hell happened to you?" I asked holding her, she was as weak as a twig.

"She, didn't let me touch food. She, said that I could eat something only when you, show up." My mom briefed me. Her voice itself, was clear, to tell me how weak she was.
"That means, you did not swallow a morsel for three days?" I asked, widening my eyes.
She nodded in reply.

Damn that stupid ass Alicia! How could she!? I mean, she promised to not to contact my mom till I reached home. How could I forget? I could never trust her! She would never keep her word, I should have known!

"I'm so sorry mom. Don't you worry now. I scrapped out Alicia's past and found many new stories." I let Mom know.

"I'm so proud of you, Abby." She said smiling. I help her to sit at our dining table. Andrew did switch the lights on before.
"Here, have this apple. I'll make you some hot soup. You need it." I said, giving her sliced pieces of the apple.

✳✳✳

"So, what did you find about her?" Mom asked.

"Well, first we found that she owned a farmhouse. It was pretty big. On searching further we found that..." I was saying when a loud thump was heard.

Andrew cautioned me. I knew, it was Alicia. Talk of the devil and the devil is here. Literally.

"I asked you something, what did you find?" Mom said. Her tone was cold.
"Alicia, get the hell out of my mom! Right now." I ordered her. Kind of.

"Or else?" She said, teasing me.
"She is using your mom's body as a conduit. Be careful. Maybe, her goal is not your mom." Andrew warned.
Mom, I mean, the spirit, laughed demonically.

"Your boyfriend is smart." She said.
"Two things. First, he is not my boyfriend. And second, I followed whatever you told me. Now why are you still latched onto my family?" I said. Her face straightened, she was looking angry. My glance shifted to Andrew. He was constantly looking at my mom. I turned back to Alicia.

Her face straightened up. Her eyes showed the anger.
The atmosphere changed suddenly. It grew colder minute by minute. I could feel the rage in the surrounding around me.
I glanced at my mom. She was weak again. Her eyes closed. She was going to hit the floor when I caught her.

"Mom!" I yelled and placed her comfortably in my arms. I started to shake her. Her eyes opened slowly. They were a bit red. Those hazel brown eyes lookers at me with guilt in them.
"Mom, you need to get some sleep." I said as I pulled her up.
"I'm so sorry, Abby. It's happening all because of me. It shouldn't be going this way." She said.

"Please, don't think like this mom. You need rest right now. That's all I know. And you will be sleeping in my room. Come on." I said.

✳✳✳

"Now what next?" I ask Andrew. We are sitting in the hall.
"I think we should call some priest. What about father John? Didn't you say he was coming over to check upon this situation?" I asked recalling.

"Yeah. But he got into a severe accident after the day I met him. According to him, he was driving ok a bridge. It was night. Suddenly he saw a lady in an attire of a maid, who appeared in front of him. He turned the wheel in a rush and ended up crashing." He narrated.

"Lady dressed as a maid?" I was confused. Is it the same lady we saw at the farmhouse who yelled at us to run? Yes, definitely. Who else could it be.
Alicia tries to kill whosoever tries to buldge in this situation. I got that theory just a few minutes ago, when I analysed all the events I have faced until now.

"I think, we should go in the church. Maybe, we can find help." I suggested.
He nodded, and we were off the church.

Inside, we saw, a priest lighting the candles.
"Father? Can you spare a minute?" Andrew asked out politely.

The priest turned behind slowly.
"Sure, my son. Come here." He said asking us to sit on the bench.

"What is it? You seem tensed." He said reading our faces.
"Actually, we need your help, Father. Me, my mother, and my house has been in the embrace of an evil spirit, who is threatening to end my mother's life. I don't know, how to go about it." I explained.

"Okay. You want me to come and have a look?" He asked. My lips curled up in a smile.
"Yes." I replied. He got up and so did we.
"Okay. I will then. Give me your address. I will come tonight. Remember one thing, the spirit you are talking about is very powerful and has so much of rage. She wants revenge. Try and place these holy symbols around and in the house to keep it a little subtle. Don't worry, my child, God will help you." He wishes us well, and gave us some crosses.

"Thank You so much Father. It means a lot, really." I said and soon left for home.

After placing those crosses, all I had to do, is wait. I checked on mom she was in a sound sleep. For the first time, till now, I saw her sleeping well.

It was a relief. I just hope, Father comes over safely.

Vote.
Comment.
Follow;)
~Sanchali.