Sensei Paul

"Why are you asking this much stuff? Where are you from anyway?" Anna tilted her head

Ba dump, my heart skip a beat there. "Well, I don't remember any of this. My head ache" I just gave her the plain old amnesia excuse.

"Right I forgot you can't remember, but...."

Just as Anna want to continue, Paul interrupted her

"I'm back"

"Welcome back dear"

"What are you two doing?"

"Oh I'm just explaining things to Eddy here"

"Explaining things?"

"Yeah, he doesn't remember things"

"Oh...." Paul turned his head towards me "I'm sure you'll remember one day. For now though, just enjoy life" Paul smile

"Thanks Paul" I feel bad, deceiving this couple in front of me when they helped me out. "So Paul, can I join the adventurer guild?"

"What for? You've just woken up yesterday and you're already want to join the adventurer guild?"

"Yeah I'm sure. I need a source of income and a place to stay after all. I didn't want to continue to bother you two"

Paul sigh "Well, if that's what you want.... Sure.... But becoming an adventurer is a risky job. You need to be at least a Grade 1 practitioner or Grade 1 mage to join in"

"Oh..." I said, dejected. I didn't know how to use mana but I'm sure I'm strong enough. I'm contemplating of telling Paul and Anna my abilities but in the end refrain on doing so

Seeing my dejected face, Anna said to me "Well, you can just learn from Paul to be a practitioner, right Paul? You'll teach the boy would you?"

Paul scratched his head "But Anna, my master said...."

Anna growled "Fuck your master, if I said the boy can learn from you, then he can learn from you. I'm sure my father or "your master" wouldn't mind"

Paul think for a while "Fine, fine. Wake up early boy, we learn tomorrow morning. And call me sensei" Paul smirked at me

I smirked back at Paul "Yes sensei"
====================================================================================

The next morning, me and Paul head to the village indoor training ground. Despite being a village, Lhant Village is large enough to be called a town or a city. It's only called a village because people here want to "preserve" history.

Once we arrived there, we are greeted by an old lady. Quite short, shorter than me in fact. She have quite a gentle face. Her eyes though.... You can tell that she witness plenty in life.

"Oh hello Paul, what brings you here early today?" greet the old lady

"Morning Eliza. I'm here today to train this kid"

Eliza look at me. She appears to be sizing me up "This kid? Really? Didn't your master said..."

Paul shakes his head and sigh "I know, but my master daughter approve it"

"Really? Anna did?" She looks at me again "What's your name boy?"

"Hello Eliza, my name is Eddy. Nice to meet you" I bowed politely

"Eddy......" Eliza looks sad all of a sudden "Well, go on then. I won't stop you. The rooms are still empty. Pick whichever you like"

"Thanks Eliza" Paul and I thanked her

"Which room do you want to go to?" Paul asked me

"Up to you"

"Let's go to room no.1 then" said Paul, ginning
============================================================================================

"Okay, what I'm about to teach you is a cultivation technique from my master, The Phoenix Aspect" Paul paused for a second "This cultivation technique have 3 part: Phoenix Rebirth Art, Phoenix Destruction Art, Fledgling Phoenix Art"

"Phoenix Destruction Art focus on one aspect of the phoenix, destruction. Phoenix Rebirth Art focus on restoration while Fledgling Phoenix Art focus on mana growth"

"So, which one will you choose?" Paul asked

"I choose....."