twenty

April paced in her hotel room fiddling with her phone. Could she do it? Could she manage two teenage boys? Would they be happy? Would they want this?

She unlocked her phone and dialed the number of the one person that would calm her down and help her make this decision.

Bold- Caleb | Italics- April

"Hello?"

"Caleb! I need your help"

"What is it? Is Landon okay?"

"Landon's fine. I just have something to tell you, or ask you. I don't really know. I'm trying to figure it out. I'm just really nervous about the whole thing. I don't know wh-"

"Trying to figure what out?"

"Landon is really good friend with a kid named Nathan. Nathan is such a sweet boy and although he's in this hospital he's a good kid. And I've asked around and I found out that his parents signed away their parental rights a long time ago when they admitted him at the hospital. And because Landon cares so much about this boy I've been considering adopting Nathan too. I don't know what to do"

"Do you want to adopt him?"

"I do but then I don't know"

"Well let's start here. Do you really care about this boy?"

"Of course I do"

"Would you be willing to put in the work to take care of him and to provide for him?"

"Yes"

"Do you want him? Do you really want him?"

"Yes I do. I want him just as much as I want Landon"

"There's your answer"

"Thank you Caleb. I'll call you sometime soon"

"You're welcome. Bye April"

That's it. April had made the decision. She was going to adopt Landon and Nathan.