ten

When April woke up she knew she wasn't in her room. This was an unfamiliar room to her. She got out of bed and opened the door. She looked out and realized she must have spent the night at Mitch's place. 

She waked down the hall and ended up in the kitchen. Mitch stood there making breakfast. "Good morning April" He greeted her. "Morning" She said. She looked around and noticed he was making pancakes and bacon. 

"Thanks for letting me crash here last night" She said. "It's no problem. By the time the movie was over it was already past midnight" He told her. She looked into the living room and saw a blanket and pillow. "You slept on the couch and let me sleep in your bed?" She asked. "Yeah, I couldn't let you sleep on the couch while I slept in my bed" He said.

"You definitely could've let me sleep on the couch" She said. "I'm a gentlemen so I had to bring you in my room so you could sleep in the bed" He said. 

Auston appeared in the kitchen and looked at April. "Did you sleep here?" He asked her. "Yeah I did" She replied. He nodded his head. "Breakfast is served!" Mitch said. He placed two plates on the island and he had a plate for himself in front of him. Auston and April took a seat and ate their food. When they finished all the plates were put in the sink. 

That's when it hit her. "Holy shit! I didn't tell Caleb where I was!" April exclaimed. "You're in some deep shit with Caleb then" Auston laughed. "It'll be fine. Just text him now" Mitch said. "And tell him what? That she slept over at his teammates house and slept in his bed. Yeah that's gonna go really well for April" Auston laughed. "Oh my god. I am so dead" April said. 

"He can't get that mad right?" Mitch asked. "Do you even know Caleb? He gets mad when Willy has his freaking arm around me. Imagine how it's gonna be when he finds out I slept at his friend and teammates house and slept in his damn bed" April said. "Just tell him it was an accident and that you just fell asleep on the couch" Auston said. 

"I have 15 missed calls from him and 27 text messages from him" April said. "It doesn't seem like he's that mad" Auston said. "Uh huh. Yeah one of the many text messages says 'April I swear to god you better answer me and tell me where you are. I've already called you six times and you haven't picked up once. It's passed midnight and you aren't home. Where the fuck are you?' You still think he's not that mad Auston?" April said. "Yeah never mind I take it back" Auston said. 

April tried sneaking into the apartment. Keyword tried. It didn't go well. Caleb caught her trying to walk into her room. 

"Where were you?" Caleb demanded. "I slept at a friends house?" April said but it came out as more of a question. "Were you asking me or telling me" Caleb said. "Look I'm sorry I didn't call or text you I just fell asleep and forgot to and I didn't even plan on staying at his house" April covered her mouth when she realized she said his house.

"His house?! Where the hell were you?" Caleb demanded again. "Like I said I was at a friends house" April replied. "April Marie West! You better tell me right now where you were!" Caleb raised his voice. 

"I was-I was at Mitch Marner's apartment" April admitted. "Why? Why were you at his house? Do you like him? Are you guys dating or something?" Caleb questioned. 

"No! I was at his house because I went to see Willy last night because I was upset and I trust William ok?! William is my friend and I can depend on him to be there for me when I need him the most! Then Willy left and I decided to stay and spend time getting to know Mitch! Is it a crime to get to know someone?! You aren't dad ok! So stop trying to be him you don't need to be so damn overprotective!" April shouted at Caleb and ran to her bedroom.