dix-neuf

"JOHNNY?!" Mackenzie wheezed as she stopped running, hands on her knees, "SLOW DOWN!"

Johnny climbed to the top of the benches, ignoring Mackenzie's calls to him.

"Johnny..." She trails, "What's wrong? Why are you avoiding me?" Her voice cracks, Johnny's eyes snapping up to meet hers, "Are we still friends?"

"Kenz... I just-"

"Is everything alright?" She squeaks, stepping on each step of the benches.

"No." He admits, getting closer to her and adjusting himself so his legs were on either sides of her figure, "I have to tell you something."

Mackenzie nods, Johnny sighing heavily, "I think you're the best thing that's ever happened to me; you're so sweet and caring and nice and smart-"

Mackenzie smiles, placing her hands on his shoulders, "Aw thank you, Johnny."

"But I can't be friends with you."

Mackenzie's eyebrows furrow, removing her hands from his shoulders slowly, "W-Why not?!"

"I'm not good for you, Mackenzie. I'd never forgive myself if I let anything happen to you. You're an amazing person, and I don't want to change you."

After moments of silence, Johnny begins to stand, walking down the bleachers while Mackenzie is frozen, the absence of Johnny's figure snapping her out of the momentary trance, "Change is good, Johnny. I'm okay with that!"

"I can't let myself hurt you."

"B-But-"

Johnny turns around, making his way back to the school hall, "I'll see you around, Babygirl."

$

johnny u fucktard.🤦‍♀️