onze

MACKENZIE nervously grabbed Johnny's hand as they entered the main hallway from a previous class, on their way to lunch.

Without looking down, Johnny swiftly snatches his hand away, Mackenzie staring at him with hurt eyes.

"What's wrong, John?" She asked, her hand moved by his.

"Nothing, I just wasn't used to it is all..." Johnny turns away, making sure no one around them was looking.

"Well can you still hold my hand, please?" Mackenzie begs.

"I-I don't want to."

"What? Why not?!"

"If you're seen holding my hand, you'll get bad rep, and that is not what you want in this school, babygirl."

Mackenzie pouts, still holding her hand out and shaking it so that he would take notice of it, "I don't care what they think, I only care what you think."

Johnny wants to say no to her, but the words that come from her mouth make his heart melt and he takes her hand.

Mackenzie jumps giddily, using her hand clutched in his to drag Johnny to her locker, "I made me a lunch, do you want some?"

"What's in it?"

"I've got hot chips, grapes, brownies, a soda and leftovers from last night." Mackenzie giggles at the last part, mentally praising herself for heating the food up this morning when peaking in the cafeteria and seeing the long line.

"Let's go out to the field, now."

Johnny made his way to the very top of the benches, Mackenzie having no choice but to follow him due to her unwillingness to let go of his hand.

She took out her hot chips, opening the bag as Johnny just sits beside her, watching the cheerleaders.

Mackenzie shakes the bag in front of his face, "You want some?"

"Sure." He states simply, taking the bag from her hand, "Give me a brownie, too."

She smiles before pulling a brownie out of the black bag, opening the container and handing him a brownie.

He takes a bite, moaning out when the flavor takes over his mouth, "Who made these?! They taste so good!" He says with his mouth full.

Mackenzie's cringes, using her dainty fingers to push his chin up and stop him from speaking, "I made them, do you want another one?"

He nods, passing her the bag of hot chips back, that he hasn't ate out of yet. Passing him another brownie, Mackenzie's focused on something else.

"Johnny, are those the school cheerleaders?"

He looks up, seeing the girls and boys practice and prance around the field, he swallows his brownie, obviously now aware that it made Mackenzie uncomfortable, "Yeah, they cheer for the football team. Why?"

"I wanna tryout!"

Johnny finishes his brownie, shaking his head, "Uh, I don't think you want to, they're kinda... mean."

Mackenzie's eyebrows furrow, popping a grape in her mouth and saving her hot chips for Johnny later, "I'm sure they're not too bad."

Johnny looks over at them again, eyeing a certain cheerleader.

Sophia Rose.

"No... they're terrible."

Mackenzie pouts, looking over at Johnny, seeing that he's clearly not here with her, "Who're you looking at Johnny?"

He snaps out of his trance, eyes snapping over to her, "What?"

They look at each other for a moment before being interrupted by the sound of Carson screaming, "KEEP IT UP SOPHIA, YOU LOOK GREAT!"

Johnny's friends and sister, approaching them and Johnny looks in fear, "Come on Kenz, let's go."

"Where are we going?" Johnny begins to shove everything in his backpack, promising her that he'll give it back later. Johnny grabs her hand in a rush, attempting to turn the other way when they reach the very bottom of the benches, but it's too late; his crew had already made their way over.

"Johnny! We didn't see you, today." Nadia says with a fake frown on her face, glancing over at Mackenzie quickly, "We always sit at the tables together, right?"

"Right, but I was showing Kenz around, so."

"Kenz...? Her?" Annie scoffs, circling around her, "She's cute."

Mackenzie smiles at the compliment, "Thank you."

Annie sucks her teeth, "Just fucking adorable."

Johnny shakes his head at her, feeling Mackenzie's hand squeeze his just a tad tighter, "Okay, calm down. I'll be there tomorrow." He shrugs, walking away, hand still clutching to Mackenzie's.

"How do you think Sophia will feel about you being with some other bitch, John?" Carson asks blandly, as if he already knew Johnny's answer.

But Johnny surprises the entire group, "I don't give a fuck what she thinks, and Mackenzie is not a bitch, she's my friend."

$

ugh joohny stopit 🤤