It's Just The Black Tea

Start from the beginning

It was the woman from the park and her son, but her husband wasn't there with them. Maybe at work.

I couldn't take my eyes away from them. They stopped at the cash register, and the woman was talking to one of the employees. I think they knew each other since he even gave her a hug and was now carrying the kid. I couldn't hear their conversation, so I just watched trying to figure out what was going on. Just because I was still waiting for my tea and didn't have anything else to do. After they were done talking, the woman and her child where now heading towards the empty tables that were next to me. I decided to look away, once again to the window but failed since she caught me looking at her.

"Hello, aren't you the man from yesterday at the park?", she said, and I looked at her and said, " I sure am", in my normal tone of voice.

"It's good to see you again, do you live around this area?", she spoke to me again, which I nod and responded that I did live around the area.

"Well thank you once again, it was good seeing you one more time, come on Arian let's go", she was now taking her leave when I suddenly said, "wait".

'What am I saying?' 'Why did I stop her?'

"Would you and your son like to sit here?", I asked with no change in tone

"Um it's okay, we don't want to bother you", the woman responded back.

"no bother at all, but it's okay if it makes you and your son uncomfortable", I explained

"No that's not-'', she was interrupted by the waiter who had now come back with my black tea and other drinks that I didn't order.

"Mam, would you be sitting here as well?", the waiter asked the woman who said yes and sat across me with her son on her left side.

"Would you like me to bring you a kid's chair for the kid?", the waiter asked the woman who said with all politeness, "Thanks that'll be nice".

I really can't find the exact word to describe this woman. The way she acts towards people, towards her child, towards even me who probably looks like a serial killer to her [E/C] eyes.

Something inside me is telling me to get to know this person, and at the same time is telling me if I don't do it I might regret it, but why? How come am I feeling like this? I took a sip of my black tea as I watch her feed her child a little piece of strawberry from her strawberry cake. Then she sipped at her tea.

"What tea did you ordered?", I asked

"I ordered a mint tea since it helps me to wake up and feel calmer, how about you?", so she likes mint tea in the mornings.

"I usually order black tea, it helps reduce stress and headaches.", I do get lots of headaches due to my mental work in different tough cases that are somewhat hard to solve. Recently there's being this case of a man called Kenny the reaper. He sure is hard to catch. He has killed many police officers, detectives from the workforce and even TBI agents.

"Your job must be a tough one if that's the reason you get those headaches.", she was concerned, though I didn't let her words affect me. I replied with only a "Yes".

"I should probably try drinking black tea one day, it might also help me release some stress since being a s-", the same man who was at the cash register was now next to where the mother was.

"Hey Y/N, how's the tea, oops I'm not interrupting anything right?", the man whose name is Len was interrupting us. He was a tall man in good shape you could tell, with brown hair that was tied into a bun and was wearing a light green apron that matched the color of his eyes. And behind the apron was the usual white dressing shirt and khaki pants.

"Your tea is always the best, thank you Len, and don't worry you're not interrupting at all", he was interrupting if I might say.

"I see, well I'll do anything for you Y/N", he said

"I appreciated Len", she smiled

"How about you young man, how's your milk?", he now faced the kid who had some milk falling out from his mouth. The woman whose name is Y/N cleaned it up as soon as she saw it with a napkin.

"Cute as always Arian", Len the tall man grabbed the kids cheek playfully and the kid began to laugh. Even she began to laugh. All this affection was making me sick. I drank my tea once again only to find out that I had finished it all, and it was now time to go.

"I'm sorry but I need to go, I can't be late for work", I said as I was trying to get out from my sit.

"Uh sure, have a nice day", that was the first and last time that I heard her voice on that day.

The next day, Tuesday, she didn't come. She probably comes on certain days, like when there's no tea in the cabinets of your kitchen. Which reminded me that I had to go buy some, but I really got to like this black tea better than any other that I just kept coming back. It's better than the one I make at home. It's just the unique flavor of the black tea that calls me to this place.

Just that.

To Be Continued...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone thank you for 100 reads, because of this accomplishment I'll write a whole chapter about "A Day in Eren's Life" from his point of view. If we get to 200 reads by next week on Friday, I'll make a part 2 or "A Day in Levi's life or at work" whichever works the best.

Chapter's Ending Question

Is it just the Black Tea the real reason why Levi keeps coming back?

Don't forget to comment your answers, follow me, and vote

Thanks for all of your support!