Prologue

A/N: I'm making this after the completion of this book because at first I did have a prologue but it got deleted so I decided to make a new one, I hope this make chapter one more understandable 

No One's POV

Wall Rose

Eren bust through his front door and races through the streets of wall rose, having recently received news of Annie's crystal breaking. He turns a corner nearly crashing into Armin who was carrying Addy.

"Hey, Eren where you off to?" Sasha stands next to him playing with their daughter.

"I Need to get to HQ, sorry!" Eren runs past him and swiftly dodges people walking down the street. He crashes through the front doors to HQ and rushes down the stairs to see levy escorting Annie with a sword to her neck"Let her go, Levi..."He signals the other guards to stop while he slams Annie into the ground making her wince from pain. Levi raises his sword above her head"Annie!"  Eren slams into him knocking him to the ground.

"Grab him I'm fine!"Eren helps Annie up and they run out of HQ with Levi's squad in pursuit.

"Eren..."

Annie's POV

I wake up in a damp cell not being able to remember how I got there or with any knowledge on who I was. I hear footsteps in the distance, as they get closer I can hear words exchanged but I'm unable to hear what is being said. Within seconds five armed soldiers show up at the cell I'm sitting in.

"Can you tell me where I am?"They say nothing and open the door"Please where am I?"Two of the guards usher me to the back of the cell with their swords.

"Annie Leonhart...this is your execution day " I can feel my hairs stand up at the words 'execution day', I don't remember being a criminal or anything for that matter. All I can remember is a name. The five men lead me out the cell and proceed to escort me down the dimly lit hallway. After three minutes pounding footsteps echo through the narrow hallway, I pick up the pace hoping to get some distance between me and the armed men behind me but the shortest of the squad held a sword against my neck and mumbled something I couldn't quite decipher. The steps got louder and louder till before us, stood a young man with dark hair and wearing the same outfit as the man holding a sword to my neck.

"Let her go, Levi..."Who are these guys, aren't they on the same team, I thought. the Levi guy throws me down on to the ground and I wince from pain. The other boy screams and slams into Levi. The boy helps me up and leads me out the building by my arm with the men behind us.

"Eren..." I don't know why I said it, it just felt right.

Eren's POV

 I hear Annie say my name but I don't turn around in fear of what I'll be presented with, she's lost her memory. She would have shifted to escape but she didn't. We turn a corner into an alleyway at the sight of soldiers down the road, we get blocked off by more people, we were trapped.

"How far did you expect to get without ODM Eren?"I whip around to see Mikasa she sheathed her blade.

"I take it your not her for Annie."She throws a punch but I dodge under it and sweep her leg."I don't wanna hurt you" She jumps up and hits me in the chest and looks me straight in my eyes.