Chapter 15

Hayes' POV

I paced back and forth in my room. Thinking about what just happened in over 24 hours.

For one thing, I just probably ruined things with Jane forever..or for now.
Yeah. Definitely forever. I'm seriously frustrated with this girl. I really can't tell what her feelings are anymore. One minute we're cuddling on the couch watching netflix, the next, she's with a friend of mine.

I mean, yeah, I was gone for a long time, I've done a lot of bad things here and there, but so has she.
We're both the bad guys in this whole situation here. I just wish, we just started everything over. I know I kind
of overreacted about the whole thing that just happened, but, maybe there's a reason behind it?

Are you serious? You actually think there's a reason behind your girlfriend kissing your best friend?

My subconscious is kind of right. And being a total ass along the way too.
Does, Ariana still love me? Like, how she..use to? What's so special about Jake that made her kiss him?

Maybe she wanted to see if something was there between them while you were gone, idiot. Think.

Gee thanks. But. That could also be another reason too. When I was gone, they probably have been hanging out. If that son of a bitch touched my girl-

Just shut that damn mouth of yours and go talk to her.

Shaking my head out of the thoughts, I decided to listen to my subconscious..
For once..

~

I pulled on my vans and walked over to Jade's house. The neighbourhood seemed quiet.

Usually on days like this, all the kids are out and about. At least, that's what things were like when I was younger.
But I'm guessing they discovered better things to do. I walked across the quiet road of my neighbourhood and to the house not too far from mine.

Walking up the front porch quietly as I can, I knocked on the door three times, stepped back and waited for an answer.

After a few minutes, someone answered it. Expecting it was Jade to answer the door, it was her mother.
"Why hello there Hayes, how's your day been?" She greeted me with a smile.

I smiled back just as politely. "My day has been going great, how's your's Mrs. West?"

"Oh, it's been wonderful. Real quiet at home now that Ariana left just a few hours ago"

My face fell in confusion. "What do you mean, left? Did she go out with some friends?"

"I guess you could say that" she shrugged. "Look, Hayes. I'm not really suppose to be telling you where she is.

Looks like you two aren't in right terms right now so she's not your concern"
What the hell

"You know?" I asked

She nodded "Told me everything before getting ready today"

Where the hell did she go

"Has she left the state or something?" I felt my voice crack a bit in that sentence.

She nodded her head again, eyes staring at her feet. "Look. I'm sorry Hayes. That's all the information I can give you. She'll be back soon, so don't worry"

"But what about sch-"

"-she's taking online for awhile" she answered back

"But-"

"She needs time alone Hayes" she interrupted again, her voice sounding soft.

"Well. Thanks for the update" I mumbled. "Just. Tell her I need to talk to her, when she gets back"

I turned away without a goodbye and headed home. Why would she leave? In the middle of a semester. I didn't do anything, did I?

This whole situation is pretty much just shitty at this point. We're barely fourteen and a half and we're dealing with stuff Nash should be going through. But at least he's happy now, with a girl who's willing to stay with him no matter what and never betray him. Or betray her..

Maybe I need some space too.

~

Ariana's POV

I finally made it to Atlanta. My legs and back are dying at this point because I don't usually sit for this long so I pulled my legs onto the seat and now my legs are numb.

I grabbed my luggage and walked out of the arrival gate. My aunt told me to meet her near the front. I walked towards where the front of the airport should be, hopefully this is the front she's talking about.

My question was answered when I heard someone calling my name. My first name to be exact.

"Ariana!" A female voice yelled

I turned my head to the left and saw my aunt and...Nick? Hm. Waving at me.

I walked over to where they were standing and gave my aunt a hug. "Hey aunt Jessie" i mumbled into her hug

"Hey sweet pea. I've missed you so much" she squeezed my shoulder

We pulled away with a smile and I turned my attention to the boy next to aunt Jessie. He looked exactly like..

"Ariana you remember Nick right?" I nodded

Like I said before. It's been like five years since I've seen this kid but, God damn has puberty hit him with a monster truck.

Defined jawline, perfectly shaped eyebrows, no glasses, height increase. Like, I still look the same five years ago but slightly better clothing. And we're related.

"Hey Nick" i awkwardly greeted

He gave me this weird look but smiled slightly. "Hey West. Long time no see" his voice deeper then last time.

Okay. How come puberty was blessed on him and not me. Like seriously.

"Okay kiddos, let's head back to our apartment and show Ariana her room?"

Me and Nick shrugged and followed Aunt Jessie to their car.

I feel like my time here will be interesting.

_________________________

Sorry if this chapter was pretty shitty and short after like almost half a year.

The new cover of the story is up. It looks okay I guess. I needed a new cover for the story. If you guys got any ideas or anything for it, do send some.

By the way I'm sorry I'm being a dick and not writing chapters. I've got writers block real bad.

But I've got a few ideas as to who should play Nick. If you got any recommendations too do comment them!

~Ajay