Chapter one

Normal pov

It was a sunny day in Magnolia. Bird were chirping. Flowers were blooming. That was the outside of the palace. The inside was calm but something was wrong. Layla Heartfilia, the queen was lying in her bed peacefully until she woke up with a terrible pain in her head and stomach. She screamed due how much pain she was in. It had alerted the maids and they came rushing into her room. Not long bafter the princess had ran to her mothers side still in her knight gown.

"Momma whats wrong?" She asked full of concern. She grabbed her mothers hands and held them. Soon the queen had calmed down and looked at her daughter.

"Oh my dear Lucy. I am so sorry to disturb you like this. But happy birthday my child." Her mother had said with a small smiled.

"Please go get the doctor my child." She had said almost sounded like she was asking but Lucy had nodded her head.

"Miss Levy alert doctor Porlyusca and let her know the queen needs to be seen." She asked her best friend and maid to get the doctor.

"Right away your highness." And with that she ran out of the room and to the doctor.

Lucy pov

I turned back to my mother and saw how pale and wearily she looked.

"Momma are you okay?" I Asked with much concern.

"Oh my child, I wish I could say yes. I feel like I might be leaving soon." She replied awnsering my question.
'Leaving soon? What's does that- No she can't be. Please dont tell me she's dying!'  I thought to myself with tears forming in my eyes.

"No momma. Please don't go. You can't leave me. I-Im not ready for you to go. Your so young too. You can't leave."
I said crying, clutching her hands.

"I don't want to go but I must. Don't worry you'll be a great queen. I tought you all I know and what you need to know."She had said also crying but not as much as me.

"I-I w-will." I said. Thats what all was aid then the doctor a nd Levy vcame back and I was asked to leave the room. I said goodbye to my mother and went to my room and cried. I heard a knock on my door so I hurried and dried my tears then spoke.

"Come in." I said my voice cracking a bit. The door opened slowly and I saw some spiky pink hair. I knew who it was so I ran up to him and gave him a big hug and silently cried on him.

"Natsu I missed you so much"
I said to him. He rubbed my back and patted my head lightly.

"Shh. Its okay baby. Im here now. No need to cry." (A/N, I know this is a Graylu fanfic. Trust me. I know what im doing.) He said trying to calm me down, which he did a bit but. I was still crying because of my mother.

"Natsu my mother is sick. S-she is dying." I cried less though because he was doing his best to calm me.

"I know Luce but I have some news a-and its not really good." He said looking down at his feet. I looked at him with teary eyes and curiosity.

"Natsu please tell me." I said. He didnt move his head to look at me and stared at his feet.

"Luce, the queen, your mother has passed Luce." He said that and looked at me with sorrow and pity in his eyes. I hated it. I hate the look that he gave me. The look that reminded me of my father. So all I could do is just look into those eyes and cry. Cry, cry, and cry. I fell to my knees and Natsu sprang towards me holding me while I cried on his chest. She's gone. He's gone. My family is gone. I have no one left. I am the last Heartfilia.

Normal pov

While the princess was receiving comfort from her beloved prince, on the other side of Magnolia, a boy a little older than Lucy, layed a Gray Fullbuster in his room trying to find peace in his slumber but failed. As he slept, he began to dream about his childhood, how hey was running around with hus dear two best friends. A little girl with brown eyes and blonde hair with a small tiara on top of her head. And a blue haired girl with eyes as blue as rain. Each had a very beautiful feature to them. The little blue haired girl, her deep eyes. And the brown eyed girl, her golden hair. For only five-year-olds, they were the prettiest thing that six-year-old Gray had seen.

Gray pov in his dream

"Snow ball come play with us!" I heard my blonde best friend calling me with that annoying but cute nickname she gave me.

"Im coming! And Stop calling me Snow ball, Princess!" I said back to her giving her the nickname I gave her. Even if she is the princess I still gave her the nickname.

"Gray! Don't call me princess!" She had said with a small blush on her check as she stomped her foot on the ground with her arms to the side and he hands into tiny fists.

"Fine, Lucyyy." I said stretching the y in her name. She was about to speak when our other friend came up beside her and grab her hand.

"Oh Lucy, you know that Gray-Sama is just teasing you." She had said to Lucy who was pouting for some reason. "And you are the princess after all." She added.

"I know Juvia, but I don't want him to call me that. He's my best friend. He's technically calling me by a formal name. I don't like it." Lucy had explained to us. Now I need a new nickname for her.

"Okay. I won't call you princess anymore. Instead I'll call you Cutie!" I said with a broad smile on my face. I looked at her and saw her usual pale face with red across it. I looked at Juvia who was giggling trying to hold a laugh in.

"S-sure. That's fine." Lucy said looking at her feet still with a red face. I looked at her confused. Why would she be red? "Cutie, you okay? Your face is red. Are ya sick or something?" I asked with ckncern and went up to her to feel her forehead. I placed my hand on her head and she felt normal so she couldnt be sick but why would she be red then?

"I'm fine, prince charming." She said moving my hand away from her head and holding it at her side.

"Hey! How come you call me prince charming but I can't call you princess?!" I asked with our hands together. I didn't think anything of it.

"Because Im an actual princess and i can call you what I want." She said with a smile. She looked cute. Wait., why am I thinking that?!

"Thats not fair." Juvia had interrupted our conversation. She had a point though.

"It's fine Juvi. I like it anyways." I said smiling and still holding Lucy's hand. Soon my vision started to blur and I heard fainted screaming and yelling.

I opened my eyes and stared at the darkness in my room. 'That dream again.' I thought to myself as I sat up from my bed. I've been having the sane dream for months now. Its either that or another one with me, two little boys, a little girl, and a beautiful woman with blonde hair and brown eyes. She looked like an angel. But thats another story for another time.

But this dream, of me as a child with what used to be my two best friends. I remember them clearly but even if I heard the blondes name, I always forgot it. Only cutie. The nickname I gave her. But I know very well who she is. Princess Lucy heartfilia. Its so strange though. A common peasent, best friends with a princess. The worst part was I had feeling for her. But then our friend, Juvia, had died from a fire.

I comforted Lucy. She lost one of her best friends. And so did I. She also comforted me too. Thats a reason I liked her. But I known she wouldn't have feelings for me but I was fine with that. Who would like a peasent like me anyway?

~¤~¤~¤~¤~

Thats the first chapter. I hope it was nice.