Chapter 13

I was in the kitchen now cooking dinner. Mother insisted I didn't have I but even though I hate being here because of Jasper, I am grateful she got me out of that house so the least I could do is cook some dinner.

At the moment I was currently making some stuffed beef and cheese manicotti shells. I got out all my supplies and walked to the sink to wash my hands before cooking. I grabbed the ground meat and put it in the skillet, adding some olive oil, onions, and other seasonings like pepper and salt. After about five to tens minutes when the meat an onions were cooked in, I took it off the burner.

I took out a large pot, filling it with water and putting butter in it so the shells won't stick. Once they were about soft, I took out the manicotti shells and laid them across the piled up baking sheet.

I out those to the side and took my ricotta cheese, one and a half to two cups of mozzarella cheese, about a half cup of Parmesan, and some parsley. I added some garlic, salt, pepper, and a little alcohol for taste, Shh they don't need to know.

After stirring my mixture, I turned from the dish and walked to the oven, preheating it to 350 degrees. As I was cooking I was aware of someone watching me. Who? Couldn't tell because every time I looked up to see, I never saw anyone but I can feel eyes on Mr, watching my every move. I just decided to ignore them for now.  

I took the filed baking sheet and spread one and a half cups on my cheese mixture..stuff and also spread some pasta sauce I made earlier. I took my finished meat and mixed that in with my cheese mix. Once that was mixed, I stuffed the shells with them I carefully laid them in rows in my pan till the whole space was filled up.

I poured the remaining amount of pasta sauce over the stuffed shells and then three different types of cheese over that. I picked go the heavy pan and cautiously put it in the preheated oven, remembering to check up on it in about thirty to forty minutes.

I sighed, a little tired from cooking and starter cleaning up the mess I made in the kitchen. I turned around, about to head to the living room to sit down but gasped in fright at a little girl watching me from the corner. I grabbed my chest, feeling my heart beat fast. After I calmed down, I turned back to still see the girl watching me silently from the corner.

I gave a little smile and took small steps towards her, crouching down so we were the same height. I stuck my hand out to her and she shyly took it, shaking my hand as well.

"Hi there cutie. I'm Mason. What's your name?" I asked softly. I didn't want to talk to loudly in case I scared her away. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear just for it to fall down again.

"Calceolaria. My name is Calceolaria."

"Oh. Well hi there um.. Calceolaria?" I frowned at her name. It's a very odd name. I've never met or even heard of someone meeting a person named Calceolaria. It's a very strange name but it suits her.

"I know it's confusing. It's a flower. I was born more early than most kids and mommy said I look fra- fre- frag.." She stopped her story to huff in annoyance. She was still a little young so I'm guessing she can't pronounce all words. After a few more tried I picked up on what she was trying to say.

"Fragile?"

"Yes! That word! Mommy said I looked fra- fri-  fra..gi...ul. Fragile like a pretty flower so she called me after her favorite flower!" I almost cooed at her. She was just so adorable. I'm only guessing this was my step sister. I ruffled her hair saying her name was very pretty and unique in which she giggled in reply.

"Since your name is long, can I call you Callie?" She nodded she hair, her long brown hair bouncing on top of her head.

"Yes! Yes! I loves it!"