Betty: "Do you have everything we need? All the papers? The stuffed animals Jughead and I bought for Dagwood and Juniper? I really don't want us to forget anything."

FP: "I have the stuffed animals in this bag and I think Alice has all the papers..."

Alice: "Yes! I think we have everything. So you and Jughead take his motorbike and we will take the car. We meet in front of the building at 9.50am, okay? I don't want us to be late."

Jughead: "Sure Mrs. S. We will be there. And now let's go."

***

The drive wasn't long and so 30 minutes later they arrived in front of the department of youth and family services. Jughead and Betty were right behind them.

Alice: "I am nervous!"

FP pulled her in a gently embrace and gave her a kiss on her head.

FP: "We all are. But everything is gonna be okay."

He took her hand and with the other hand he was holding the bag with the stuffed animals. Jughead took Bettys hand too and like this they walked inside the building and to the office where the social worker and Polly were already waiting with the twins. Polly had both of them on her lap. The twins were squeaking when they saw them coming in.

Polly: "Hey, Mom. Hey, Mr Jones. Do you want to take them?"

FP: "Sure, Polly."

Polly handed Dagwood to FP and Juniper to Alice. One could see the smiles on their faces growing. They were more than just happy.

Polly: "You two look like the perfect parents! And the two always liked you."

Alice: "And you are still sure you want to do this Polly honey? Not that you regret it in a few months..."

Polly: "Mom! You don't need to be afraid! I won't take them back from you! You will be there parents from now on and I will be aunt Polly for them. I know it's maybe gonna be hard for me sometimes, but it's better like this! And I am still able to see them when I want, so it's good. And when they are later you and me can tell them the truth."

Alice: "Come into my arm, Polly. You can visit them whenever you want, you know that! You don't know how you are making me and FP with this!"

Betty and Jughead were just standing there watching the whole scene. They didn't wanted to say something wrong.

Jughead: "Betty and I bought two stuffed animals for them. We thought it would be nice."

Polly: "This is so sweet of you two. We had to leave their old ones behind when we left the farm. I think they will love them. Thanks Betty! Thanks Jughead."

Polly went to them and gave them both a hug before taking the stuffed animals from them to give them to Dagwood and Juniper. Both babys grabbed their stuffed animals and hold them close. Juniper got a rabbit and Dagwood a bear.

Social worker: "It seems like everything is good. I just need you Mrs. Smith to sign these last papers and then you can take them home."

Alice went to the desk still with Juniper on her arm to sign the last papers. Now they were officially the parents of Dagwood and Juniper. FP not official, but he will as soon as they are married. Alice turned around with a smile on her face. She went to FP to give him a kiss.

Alice: "I can't belive we are the parents of Dagwood and Juniper now. It's so unreal. I love you."

FP: "I love you more, hun. Maybe we should start heading home. The twins seem to get tired."

Alice: "Sure. I am tired too..."

FP: "You were awake the most of the night watching Twin Peaks. What did you thought?"

Betty: "You continued watching without me? You said you won't!"

Alice: "Sorry, Bets. I couldn't sleep so I watched three episodes."

Betty: "It's okay. I will catch up later and then we can continue to watch together."

They all said goodbye to Polly and went outside with the twins. FP and Alice put them in their seats on the backseat and started driving home.

When they got home the twins were already asleep so the carried them upstairs as careful as possible to don't wake them up and layed them down in the beds FP had built for them.

FP: "Now we are really a family! I can't belive it!"

Alice: "Me neither. I love you"

FP: "I love you too"

Alice and FP were standing in front of the beds watching the babys sleeping in awe for hours.