Thanksgiving Part 2

They got dressed and then Alice went downstairs to the kitchen to help Betty with the rest. Betty had begged her for weeks that she wanted to make the turkey this year for the first time. It took some time, but in the end Alice had gave in. She was anyways so busy with all the fixings. She entered the kitchen and saw Betty just closing the oven after checking the temperature with the thermometer.

Alice: "How are you doing, honey? Is everything going well?"

Betty: "Sure, mom. Everything is fine. The turkey will be ready in about two hours so right on time. And you also seem to be better than before. I heard you running to the bathroom...is everything okay with you?"

Alice: "Yes! Everything is fine now. I just wasn't feeling well. Is there anything else I could help you with?"

Betty: "Not really. I already cleaned the big stuff up and the rest is in the dishwasher. So we just have to wait until our guests arrive.

***

At the same time upstairs.

FP went to the room that Jughead lived. It once was Pollys room, but now it was his. Jughead had been quiet for the last few days and his dad was a bit worried about him. Yeah, Jughead wasn't the outgoing person, yet this quiet was even for him to quiet. He knocked on the door and went inside. Jughead was sitting on his desk skipping through old photos.

FP: "I everything okay, Jug? You seemed so quiet the last days..."

FP sat down on his bed before Jughead started to talk.

Jughead: "It's just that I miss Mom and Jellybean so much the last days. Having contact with them again makes it more difficult to not think about them. You, Betts and Alice are a family for me, but that doesn't mean that I don't miss the old times when I was young and we celebrated Thanksgiving together. And it's so long until I will visit them in Toledo. I didn't saw Jelly now for more than 5 years now...She was a child when I last saw her and now she is nearly a teenager... I am afraid that she completely forgot about me, her big brother."

FP: "Hey, Jug. Come here...Everything will be fine. How could she forget the best big brother ever who did everything for her?! Maybe it will be weird for a second when you arrive, but than everything will be fine."

FP pulled Jug into a warm embrace. He didn't knew that his son was warried about this.

Jughead: "Are you sure, dad?"

FP: "I am, Jug."

***

Later the same day.

It was about the time their guest should arrive. They invited the Logdes and the Andrews over for thanksgiving. They wanted to celebrate it bigger this year than normal. They wanted to celebrate finally being happy.

At exactly 2pm they heard the doorbell and all went to the door to open it together. But when they opened the door they were surprised to see only four people standing in front of them.

Archie, Veronica, Fred and Hermoine were standing in front of them. Where was Hiram? Sure they don't liked him that much, but they didn't thought he wouldn't come because of it. He never said no to a good Thanksgiving meal.

Alice: "Hey, we are happy you all are here. But Hermoine where is Hiram? You don't have to leave him at home just because we don't like him...It's Thanksgiving so no one should be alone..."

Hermoine: "Everything is okay Alice...I didn't wanted to take him with me..."

Fred and Hermoine shared a meaningful look. But No one understood what it meant.