Unwelcome guests

A few weeks later FP finally finished moving in with Alice. They renovated their bedroom so it looked more like their place and not like some chic snobbed room from a magazine. They felt like this was their little cave to crawl in. Their place to feel save. Where they could hide from everything that could go on in the world around them. But they didn't knew what or who would be coming to riverdale. If they knew before they would just have left town.

Two days later Alice woke up in FPs arms, but something felt weird. She didn't knew what it was that made her feel this way, yet she knew it wouldn't be something good. She stood up to make breakfast for FP and the kids. She went downstairs and started making scrambled eggs and pancakes. She was nearly finished when she heard a knock at the door. Who would want to visit them this early in the morning? She went to the door and looked through the small window beside the door. She remembered this face and it wasn't a good memory. But she had no chance to just act like she didn't heard the knock, because the person in front of the house already saw her. So she opened the door and tried to put a polite smile on her face.

"Hey Alice, I haven't seen you for quite some time. May I come in? I am looking for my husband. Hogeye said I could find him here when he is not in his trailer"

Alice: "Sure Gladys... You can place yourself on the couch. I'll go upstairs and tell FP that you are here."

Alice couldn't believe that Gladys showed up in front of their house right when everything was going well and everyone was happy. But this is always the time things like this used to happen. This was life. Alice went upstairs and opened the door to their bedroom. FP was still peacefully sleeping. She didn't want to wake him up, but she had to. She didn't wanted to deal with Gladys alone as long as he was still sleeping, since he didn't had to stand up early, because he would work late at pops today. She went to his side of the bed and gave him a soft kiss on his forehead. He slowly opened his sleepy eyes and looked right into hers.

FP: "Good morning, sweetheart!"

He sat up to give her a kiss on her lips.

Alice: "I am not sure if you still think this is a good morning when I tell you why I woke you up so early this morning..."

FP: "What is it, honey? You know not much can upset me when I see your face in the morning."

Alice: "Gladys sits downstairs in the living room..."

One could see the shock in FPs eyes. This was something he definitely didn't expected. Why was she there? She left him and Jughead years ago and didn't cared about them. She didn't even wanted to take Jughead with her when she left from one to the other day. She just left him with his drinking dad. And why now? He was happy with Alice and wanted to marry her next summer. He finally was happy and stopped drinking and he don't wanted anyone to destroy this.

FP: "What?!?! Why did you let her inside???"

Alice: "She saw me through the window so I had no chance to act like I didn't saw her. I don't like the situation either, but maybe you should get dressed and we should go downstairs to find out what she wants from you. We should not let her wait to long."

FP: "You're right. But first come to me."

FP pulled her close to give her a long and very passionate kiss. He saw the fear in her eyes when she talked about Gladys. She was afraid she could take him away from her, but this would never happen. Yes he once loved Gladys, but never the way he loved Alice, the queen of his heart!

Alice: "For what was this now?"

FP: "Just to show you that you don't have to be afraid that Gladys could take me away from you! You know I love you more than anything else! More than Jughead loves Pops burgers! And I would more likely die than let anyone change what I feel for you!"