Chapter 1: Hermione's Dissaperance

He sat leaning against the back of his leather seat, grasping the arm rests with his long fingers. He fumbled with the ring on his index finger, staring at the diary which sat before him. He closed his eyes, remembering the day Harry had caused the damage which tore the center of the journal apart as if it were just yesterday. A noise of shifting walls disturbed his thoughts, as the stone gargoyle turned, revealing three young students at the entrance to the office.

   The trio walked in to Professor Dumbledores's office, his eyes twinkling behind his half-moon spectacles. There before him were Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley.

"Ah, here you are. I wanted to let you know that it is about time for you to search for the rest of the horcruxes. It is our only chance." Said Dumbledore.

"Yes sir." Replied Harry.

"Very well, you shall start today, the longer we wait, the stronger Voldemort will get." Warned Dumbledore, his tone getting serious. Hermione's mind was off somewhere else. Laying on a desk was Tom Riddle's Diary, Dumbledore's wand placed beside it. What was he experimenting with this time? Her thoughts were cut by somebody storming into the room. "Albus! We need you urgently." It was Professor McGonagall, with her pointy hat and long, silk robes.

"What is it, Minerva?" Questioned Dumbledore, not looking the slightest bit amused.

"A student has gone missing. It's been three days, and there is something you must see." She informed.

Dumbledore followed after Professor McGonagall, with his ornate, purple robes swishing behind him. The trio were left standing alone, and Hermione took the opportunity to take a look at the diary. She opened it up and flipped the pages a few times.

"What are you doing?" Hissed Ron.

Suddenly, there was a binding flash of light, and Hermione was gone. It took a moment for everything to click into Ron and Harry's mind when Dumbledore walked in.

"Dumbledore! Professor! Hermione she's- she disappeared." The boys spoke at the same time causing a great commotion.

"Relax, boys. What do you mean she disappeared?" Asked Dumbledore.

"She was flipping pages in Tom Riddle's diary and there was a flash of light." Said Harry, looking very worried.

"She has gone back...to the time of Tom Marvalo Riddle."

At this, the boys got very worried. Knowing what Tom was capable of doing, Hermione was in danger. "How can we get her back?" Questioned Ron.

"She will come when she likes." Answered Dumbledore. If he was worried he didn't show it. He even looked slightly happy, although it wan't obvious. Harry and Ron burst out with millions of questions, but Dumbledore put his hand out to silence them. "So many questions, such little time. You two mustn't worry about Hermione, for you have a task to complete." Together, they went over a plan for finding the horcruxes. Harry kept looking over at the direction of the desk in hope that Hermione would come back, but she did not appear. She wasn't going to anytime soon.