Chapter Eleven:

EDITED: Chapter Eleven:

"Spencer, wake up. Wake up, Spencer... Wake up!"

I jerked, rolling over and falling out of my bed, slamming into the floor with a loud 'thud' and a moan of pain. Squinting my eyes, I sat up, rubbing my hip which had made the first contact with the floor.

"Get your things packed, its winter holidays, what were you thinking sleeping in like this. We have to go, so lets go."

What is this imbecile talking about? Who was the imbecile anyways? I'm not going anywhere for the holidays. I looked up at the humanoid creature standing over my bed, blinking a few times in hopes that my eyes would stop burning and I could actually see who it was. The person moved around the bed and my eyes followed him until they finally focused.

"James? What are you doing here?"

His eyes sparkled with mischief as he leaned down, grasping my upper arm before hoisting me up as if I weighed next to nothing. "You should really eat more," he commented, making me grimace as I thought about how much I already ate.

"But that isn't the point. I'm here because I knew you wouldn't have anywhere to go for your winter holidays. We all, and there are a lot of us, which means it'll be tons of fun, are going to stay at Sirius's place for the winter, have a nice Christmas there, what do you say?"

I agreed without actually thinking about it, the only thought going through my mind was 'I wont be alone for the holidays' and that made me happy. I packed my very few belongings and followed James out to Hogsmeade where he apparated us to the house in which we'd be staying.

It was only then that I realized the mistake I'd made. Staying at Sirius's house for the holidays meant being near Sirius.. and his wife, and his children.

"I change my mind," I muttered, standing my ground outside of the home I assumed to be Sirius's.

"You can't change your mind Spencer, just come on and get it over with. It'll be fine."

"He married someone else James. Here I am, seventeen years old, I've met the man of my dreams and I left him, he married someone else and I'm about to be in their home, watching them be happy with each other. For you, it may have been a few decades since you've seen me. For me, it's only been a couple of months."

James nodded, looking towards the house before staring back at me. "If you're serious, you and I can go back to Hogwarts and spend the holidays there."

My guilt ate me alive, I was being so selfish.. James was willing to stay with me at Hogwarts during holidays instead of being with his family.. but I couldn't possibly let him do that. Shaking my head, I moved towards the door and waited for him to knock on it, then took a deep breath and prepared myself for the heartache I'd be going through for the next two and a half weeks.

"James!" The beautiful women I'd come to know as Ayla Black smiled as she opened the door before turning to me, frowning slightly before smiling stunningly. "Spencer, both of you come in, come in. You're letting all the hot air out," she joked, moving back so that we could enter before shutting the door behind us.

Was it just me or did that door shutting sound ominous?

I followed the two adults into a large room decorated with tons of green and red, banners and streamers and blinking lights while music played from somewhere or other, real time christmas music and I smiled, feeling warm and welcomed in that room. Besides two girls who I assumed to be Sevanah and Spencer Black, and a few more people, I realized that I knew everyone else in the room. There were well over twenty people in this home, and I wondered if all would be able to fit into it or if some were just visiting for the day.

Scorpius and Draco Malfoy, Fred and George Weasley, Remus Lupin, James, Sirius, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Harry, Albus Sirius and James Severus, Rose, Fred the second, and a few more.

Then there were the others whom I didn't recognize.

"Spencer!" Several voices seemed to call out at once before I was in the middle of a very large group hug. I had no idea what to make of it. Until I felt someone squeezing my butt through the thin pair of jeans I wore, then I was turning around as quickly as possible and grabbing a very handsome, older Fred Weasley's hand.

"Paedophile, are we now Freddie?"

His eyes widened as if he just took into account that technically I was still underage before shrugging. "You were born one year before us, so even though technically you've only been alive sixteen years, you're just as old as we are. You just look younger than we do, is all."

I scrunched my nose, hating his logic, though it was correct in all aspects. Technically I was their age.. sort of.

He reached for my backside again and I grabbed his hand, holding it to his side cautiously before releasing it and jumping back. I did not need to be violated by his grabby little paws. Another set of arms were thrown around me from behind and I heard George's voice muttering, "I missed you Spencer, we haven't seen you since you-"

James Potter the first cleared his throat, shaking his head slightly before rolling his eyes and smiling. "Thats enough dramatics, children. Lets introduce everyone. Spence, that is Sevanah, Spencer, Sirius's two girls. Over there is Tabitha and Tanner, my other two children. Ron's wife, Hermione, who you already know, Harry's wife Ginny who you also know, Ted Lupin, Remus' son. Fred the second and Roxanne, George's children and Angelina Weasley, prior name Johnson, George's wife."

That was a lot of people's names to remember, I thought to myself as I stared at everyone, trying to memorize them all.

They only had to remember one new person while I had to remember at least seven. Some of them who were introduced, I already knew thankfully.

"Hi.. nice to meet you all," I muttered nervously, swallowing loudly as I backed up every so slightly and hid behind Fred.

A chorus of 'hello', 'hi', and 'nice to meet you''s followed behind, before we all moved to the large dining room where we ate supper. The table was loud, noisy and filled with laughter, and I slowly felt myself relaxing, talking to everyone who spoke to me, and actually eating without being told.

It wasn't as bad as I assumed it would be.