Chapter 52: Heroes or Villains?

Start from the beginning

"How can you not be our Evil Queen, that makes no sense," Tallia says skeptically.

Regina grinds her teeth in anger, the interruptions are becoming more and more irritating.

"If you'd let me finish my sentence again..."

"How can you not go by that name, and how are you free? Villains aren't supposed to be free. Why aren't you locked up on some island?!" Chad carries on, making everyone roll your eyes.

"Okay Blondie," Crystal snaps finally ready to step in. "If you'd let Regina finish her god damned sentence you would learn that Regina is a hero, hence the reason why she doesn't go by that title anymore."

"But that's not possible," the son of Cinderella and Prince Charming says. "Villains never change."

"And what do you think we did Moron?!" Mal snaps, her eyes glowing green again. She steps forward, ready to put this puny prince in his place once and for all, but Ben's hand wraps around her one of her sleeves, trying to bring her temper down. Chad whimpers and hides behind Audrey, who is also slowly backing away from the angry VK.

"Actually a lot of villains here have changed," Snow White says, deciding to prove the point. "This man here," she indicates Killian. "He was once known as Captain Hook."

There's some commotion behind the door where the Isle pirates hurry to try to get a glimpse of the famed pirate. They push harder against the door and the medical equipment to see. A couple of them start to laugh when they see that he has his arms around a blonde woman and in no way looks menacing or evil.

"That can't be Hook," one of the teen pirates calls out. "That guy's a big softie."

"He beat Harry Hook, one of your crew members in a duel yesterday," Emma says bluntly. Killian then removes his hand from his pocket to show everyone his famous hook. A lot of people gasp, including Uma's crew and few of them, whisper amongst each other about whether this is actually true.

"There's no way that's him," Jonas says to his friends.

"Yeah, the only person who can beat Harry in a duel is Uma," Bonny adds.

"And how do we know the hook isn't fake, Harry's is," Gonzo shouts through the crack.

Emma rolls her eyes and Killian sighs before turning his hook until it came off the end of his hand. His wife then helps him loosen the buckles to remove the arm part of the harness that holds his hook in place. He then shows the crowd the stump from which Rumpelstiltskin had removed his left-hand centuries before. The scar tissue was rather grotesque to look at, with the skin being slightly uneven and inflamed. The blue-eyed pirate bites his lip slightly from the pain of removing the straps, but Emma's gentle touch helped it a little bit.

Audrey wrinkles her nose in disgust cringes heavily and looks away, not able to keep looking at it. Chad looks like he wants to throw up but still begins to hide behind his girlfriend. Tallia looks extremely peeved at the realization that this was the villain who had locked her mother in a lantern after she'd betrayed Peter Pan. Patrick and Paige are equally shell-shocked, but also slightly angry to encounter their father's arch-nemesis. Jay and Carlos, who already knew that Killian was a good guy and how he actually lost his hand, they still cringe at the display but are also slightly fascinated by how battle-worn it looked. Mal and Evie seem sympathetic, wondering how painful it must be to wear that harness every single day. The famed pirate makes sure that teenagers locked in the room can see it. They whisper to one another, slowly confirming that this is indeed Captain Hook.

"Enough proof for you?" Killian asks.

"That looks painful," Jane says sympathetically.

"It can be Lass, but remember, I've had 200 years to get used to it."