• 2 •

"Everything's up and running again~!" Pidge says, lights in the aquarium lighting up, seeing the colourful coral and sea creatures.

This is Pidge, the electrician, technician keeper, you name it, she's always here for the company to help out her friends, even when she doesnt have a proper job.

"Thank you so much Pidge again-!" Coran smiles brightly and shakes her hand firmly, she quickly pulls her hand away, mumbling a small "..ouch.."

"Well kids, that wraps up a days work, look after yourselves and I'll see you tomorrow~!" Coran says brightly "we have the Ocean acrobatics tomorrow with Lance and the seals~!" He craps his hands excitedly

"We will definitely be there" Pidge says, as Matt grabs her hand "lets go, Katie" he smiles.

The two were separated when their parents got divorced, their mother wanted Matt because he was 'the smartest' and 'better looking', Pidge was supposedly a gender-bent toad, given to their father who willingly loved Pidge for who she is.

After their mum died in a car crash, Matt was returned home to his sister and father.

"Ah, the cute siblings~" Hunk says, wiping an imaginary tear from the corner of his eye.

The others nod, agreeing and happy to finally see a big smile on Pidge's face. "Lets head off, big day tomorrow~" Allora says as she watches the fish in the aquarium in front of them. The three agree before gathering their belongings, walking home.

-

Lance could feel someone was following him from behind, trying his best to walk away quickly from the hooded figure, nearly at his house before the hand grabbed him, Lance spins around and punches him directly in the nose.

"Get your fucking hands off me you-" he looks down as the hood of the figure lowered and black locks fell to his shoulders.

"-Galra..?" Lance finishes in confusion, getting caught off guard before he growls at the boy "why the hell are you stalking me-?! Leave me alone creep-!" He says angrily, hands on his hips.

Keith holds his nose, blood trailing down and staining his hoodie "I just wanted to return this.. you dropped it.." Keith mumbles, wincing in pain as he holds out a small shell necklace.

Mamá's necklace she gave to me..

Lance snatched it quickly in embarrassment "Sorry, I g-guess." He helps Keith up "Speak up next time." He says as Keith nods, still holding his nose.

"KEITH KOGANE WHAT ARE YOU DOING- WE WERE LOOKING ALL OVER FOR YOU- oh- oh my god. Is that a worker from..." "Mum- I swear it isn't-"
"-In the house-! Now!" She shouts, glaring at Lance before walking away with Keith.

Lance swallows nervously as he looks down at the necklace in hand "why is he so.. different." Lance mumbles in confusion and walks home.

-

"Mum- please, I was just trying to be nice!" Keith says sadly, crossing his arms. "NO! HE AND THAT COMPANY IS OUR MONEY THAT WE WANT- WE WILL SHUT IT DOWN-" His Mother stops to breath "unless.. we can use you to lure them to us.." she smirks.

Keith looks in anger and disappointment "I'm done with you using me as an object. I'm not your lab invention!" He says madly as she glares madly at him "do it- or else." He shakes his head "last chance-!" She smirks.

Keith mouth opens into a small "never." Keith's mother grabs his sketch book from the table, Keith's eyes widen as she rips out all the pages and drawings he spent hours on.

"No..." tears swell up in his eyes, the only thing that kept him sane, made him.. himself.

Keith runs out of the house in anger, feeling tears run down his face. As he stumbles to run, the light spitting of rain turning into a stronger one.

Keith shivers, not knowing where to go as he sits up against a wall, the rain soaking him since there is barely any shelter. Keith quietly sobs to himself as his ears droop, wrapping his arms around his waist to keep some body warmth.

Hunk walks by with his small puppy, looking down at the young sad boy "oh dear.." he says, knowing that expression from a mile away.

Hunk crouches down to Keith's height "your the boy who keeps following Lance, Keith right..?" He asks with a warm smile. Keith doesn't respond as Hunk sighs. "Hey, just come with me and I'll look after you for the night, we can sort things out in the morning" Hunk offers, holding out a hand to Keith.

"I'm Hunk! An engineer and I look after the baby animals at the aquarium-!" Hunk smiles as Keith looks up at Hunk with his swollen eyes, taking the hand "Keith. Just Keith." He says blankly as he walks off with Hunk

"well Keith, nice to finally meet you."