I Love You (Pt 2)

Jason's POV

I finally got to the cave and was irritated as hell. Not only was I unable to find (Y/N), now I have to deal with Bruce being an honorary bastard as always. I can't deal with this shit right now. I need to find (Y/N). As soon as I got to the computer everyone started explaining about some plan the Joker was brewing up that involved breaking every villain out of Arkham Asylum. And then they started talking about plans and shit. I wasn't paying attention I was too focused on what had happened to (Y/N).

Why didn't she come find me so we could hang out? She always keeps our plans and notifies me if things change. What made today so different? Did something happen to her? Did she have an off day? Did I do something to upset her? God I need to find her and sort all of this out. I'm going crazy with all these questions. "Jason? Jason. Jason! Why are you dozing off? This is an important issue we are dealing with and we can not and I repeat CAN NOT have any mistakes on this. Do you understand?" Bruce questioned. "Yeah, yeah. I got it, Old Man. Can I go now? Cuz I have other important matters to deal with so bye." And with that I left. I have to find her or I will go crazier than I already am!

(Y/N)'s POV

Waking up from my wonderful cat nap was the last thing I wanted to do, but I was hungry and I wanted to know the time. As I got into the kitchen I looked at the clock. Damn. Already 8:00. I guess I should call Jason and let him know I'm okay. As I reached for my phone I froze remembering why I wasn't at the manor in the first place. It took everything in me not to cry. I have shed enough tears for him. I turned on my phone and saw I had a missed call from Jason an hour after I left in tears. Huh. No voicemail. Just like him. At that though I smiled at least I know he still cares right now. Or was he calling to change our plans? At that my smile dropped. God, why couldn't I have just a little more time with him?

When I put my phone down I heard a frantic series of knocks on my door. Thinking someone needed help I quickly unlocked and opened the door only to see the sapphire eyes I had fallen so in love with. He stared at me for a good minute checking me for any sort of injury and when he was certain I was fine he engulfed me into a hug. At first I was shocked and then confused. What happened to make Jason so.....concerned for my well-being? "Thank god you're okay," he whispered against my ear. That sent shivers down my spine, but still confused me. "Why wouldn't I be okay?" I asked.

At that he pulled away, staring into my soul, "You scared the shit out of me. You didn't show up like always I got worried. And then when you didn't answer I started getting scared. Finally I just had to make sure you were alright." After that I was speechless. He really cared. I smiled and said, "Well, you found me safe and sound right? There's nothing to worry about besides I just had a rough day. Sorry I forgot to call." I really hope he drops the subject. "That's bullshit. You are (Y/N) (L/N). You always remember everything. Every little thing that I say, do and mean. You always know just how to make me feel better and how to call me down. And I know for a damned fact that you would never forget to call, so why are you lying to me now?" At that my brain stopped working and I was speechless. He really pays attention to me that much? ¨I'm not lying to you Jason. I just came home and I fell asleep. I'm sorry but even I sometimes forget. I'm not perfect you know."

Just take it. I really don't want to get into this with him right now. I can feel myself getting ready to cry. Jason just looked at me in what I assume is disbelief. ¨You're just going to keep that story. I know you (Y/N). I know when something is wrong just like you know when something is wrong with me. So I'm asking once again, why didn't you call me?¨ ¨Please Jason for the love of God, just please drop it. Everything is fine alright?¨ I can't take much more of this or I really will tell him what wrong and put what we have in danger. ¨No way in hell am I dropping this. I want...no...I need to know why you didn't call. Please (Y/N). You can tell me anything and it won't change what we have. I promise you it wont.¨ Oh how wrong you are Jason. ¨FINE! Just fine. You want to know what's wrong, well here it is. I love you, Jason Peter Todd. And I saw you after I walked out of school and I was about to go to you, but I saw that you were flirting with someone and I completely broke down. Plus before I knew it I was walking home and when i got here I cried. No I sobbed because I knew, I just knew this would happen someday. And I was too busy wishing that it wouldn't come.¨ Jason looked at me confused. ¨First of all, I fucking love you (Y/N) (L/N). Second that girl that i was 'flirting with' just wanted a good time. And third you are an idiot if you think that I wouldn't spend all my time and energy on you because like I said I fucking love you."

Now it was my turn to be confused. "I've spent the past few months trying to figure out the best way to confess to you. And i've always chickened out because I thought that you would reject me and find someone better for you. But i guess you had the same fears as me. We really were destined to be together." Jason flashed me his signature smirk that made me weak at the knees. I just stared at him as i slowly sunk to floor in realization and relief. Jason's smirk melted and turned into worry, but before he could lift me up I said, "So all this time I was crying and worrying about nothing. You could have at least hinted at your feelings I wouldn't have wasted all these emotions and exhausted myself." Once I finished Jason argued, "It's not like I'm the most open person with my feelings. And I could say the same about you too." His pout is adorable.

"Yeah. I guess I could have. But at least now we know right," I smiled in relief. Jason smiled back and said, "Yeah. That's true. Now I have a very crucial question for you." Immediately my face was written in concern. "Will you be my girlfriend?" Jason smiled with nervousness and anticipation for my answer. He really thinks I can say no to him. I love him too much to let him go. I flashed my brightest smile and said, "About damned time. Of course I'll be your girlfriend." Before i could comprehend what happened I was lifted off the ground and was twirled by Jason. I started laughing because he was smiling like an idiot. My idiot. With that thought I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and stared deep into his soul as he did to me.

Slowly we leaned into a kiss that I had dreamt about for years. The moment our lips touched there was an explosion. As we poured our strongest emotions into that kiss everything felt right in the world once again. Once we separated the universe was set back on track by a single, three word sentence we declared for one another. "I love you." And with that I knew that I would never need my heart back because it was with the right person and his name is Jason Peter Todd.