I Love You

(Y/N) POV

Jason Todd. The name of the man that stole my heart. And yet, he doesn't know. I have always been a shy person when it comes to confessing my feelings. And I will probably never confess and go through this cycle once again. Honestly, when am I going to grow up?

I'm friends with most of the family and even if they don't know it, I also know their little secret. I have never told anyone not even my own family. At first i was hurt that they didn't share their secret with me, but then I realized that because they kept it from me it shows that they care about my well being.

I wish that I could just tell Jason how i feel. But I know if I do I will put not only our friendship on the line but also the relationship of the entire family that I have come to think of as my own. I wouldn't be able to handle losing all of them because of my feelings for one person. Therefore, I will just enjoy being by his side for now. I also know that at some point I will lose him because he will fall for someone else. I dread when that day comes. And sadly, I'm afraid that day has come.

I walked off the school campus and started to look for Jason since we were going to hang out at the mansion. When I finally spot him, my heart breaks. I thought I would have more time with him before this happened. I guess not, I thought bitterly. Jason was with a beautiful woman who had long flowing hair, the most perfect figure and the most beautiful face. They were flirting. You could tell by the way she would leisurely touching him and him not moving when it happened. In fact he would move closer to her. I had seen enough so I started to walk the other way towards home so that I could cry in peace.

Jason's POV

I was waiting for (Y/N) to get out of school so that we could hang out. God I love her. She is so amazing. She knows just how to make me feel better and what to do to make me laugh. In one word she is perfect. I dread the day she falls for someone other than me. But i know for a damn fact that I probably won't confess.

"Um... excuse me, sir." I look to my right to see a woman next to me. "Oh, sorry. What can I help you with?" I asked. "Are you single?" The question shocked me. Yes I am single, but I am not available. At this point in time I get a good look at her. She's pretty sure, but nothing compared to (Y/N). I look at her and say, "Yes i am. Why do you ask?" At that she laid her hand on my arm and smiled, "Because I would love to go on a date with you. Are you free now?"

I was surprised that she wanted to go on a date with me. I got closer and finally answered her, "Sorry, but I'm not. I'm waiting for my best friend so we can go. Maybe another time." Honestly I just want her to get lost so that I can wait for (Y/N) in peace. In the corner of my eye I see a head of (Y/H/C) turn and go in the opposite direction. I was about to see if that was (Y/N), but the lady took hold of my chin making me look at her. "Ditch them so we can go have some fun," she said with a sultry smile.

Now I'm annoyed. "Let me be blunt. I'm not interested. So leave me alone." I jerked my chin out of her hand and she scoffed walking away. I turned towards the school once again looking for my favorite girl, but I didn't see her. She knows that we were going to hang out today so where is she? I stayed there for another hour in case she stayed after, but no one else came out. I was starting to worry about where she was, so I took out my phone and called her.

I held the phone to my ear and waited for her to pick up but all I got was her voice saying, "I'm sorry but I can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message and I will get back to you when I can. Thank you and have an amazing rest of your day." I cursed wondering where the hell she was. I got onto my motorcycle but before I speed to her place my phone rang. Thinking it was (Y/N) I picked up right away saying, "Hello?" "Jason it's Dick. Bruce needs us ASAP." Shit. "Fine. I'll be there in 20. I have something I need to do first." "He needs us now. Sorry, but that will have to wait." And he hung up. "Damn it," I said before I sped off to the BatCave.

(Y/N)'s POV

As soon as I shut the door to my apartment I slowly slid down the door and started to ball my eyes out. I don't know why I thought that I could keep him to myself forever. I should have known that sooner or later this would happen. Hell I knew it would happen at some point, so why does it hurt so much? I don't know how long I stayed there, but eventually I had exhausted myself to the point that I had no more tears and was ready to pass out. So I made my way to my room and plopped onto my bed. Before I fell asleep I could faintly hear my phone ringing an all to familiar tune. It was the tune I had put for Jason's contact. I decided to ignore it I was so tired and I didn't no I couldn't deal with him right now. And the next thing I knew I was asleep.