Back To Normal?

.... I really hope none of you believe me anymore when I say I'm going to keep a story as one chapter.

But from here on out, whatever comes next is only the after story.

The main plot is pretty much done.

Everything was back as it should be after a week.

Kaldur is once again the leader of Young Justice, despite being offered a place on the Justice League and Nightwing has become co-leader.

The Hall of Justice is being rebuilt and no major missions have been given.

Usually that would leave the young heroes bored but in regards to the last few months-- they are quite content to just hang around the Watch Tower. It's especially handy for the school students on the team.

So far only J'onn, Wally, Kaldur, Bruce, and obviously Dick know about the possibility of cancer.

Dick wanted to keep it a secret but Bruce ended up overhearing Wally and Dick as they came out of the med-bay.

Dick told Kaldur himself in case any future complications arrise.

However, Dick has requested that no one else knows until he wants to tell people. Obviously, they respected his wish.

Bruce let the issue of Dick taking the Batwing slide this time.

Dick has decided not to see any doctors other than J'onn so as to not let this issue go public.

Yeah, Bruce Wayne's heir contracts cancer!

What a great headline that would be...

But since the first blood test, Dick has not agreed to let J'onn take another look at him.

It's not like the test was positive anyways. Just showed a strong possibility.

Regardless, Dick has been feeling a little... off lately.

Nothing too bad. Just a little cough but he's brushed that off as either allergies or a little cold. No big deal.

Or at least that's what Nightwing has been telling himself. He's been able to resist coughing most of the time while around the team or at the Manor.

No need to cause unnecessary worry.

And speaking of the team, everyone has pretty much forgiven Nightwing for the plan. Or at the very least have stopped being hostile.

There are some who completely ignore him from time to time but he understands that.

Right now he's using a computer at the Watch Tower to go over files of Gotham's worst.

Usually he would do this at the Manor but Alfred, bless his heart, has constantly been checking on Dick.

If he was younger he would have appreciated that but because of this past year he just... doesn't want any form of special attention at all.

That's enough for now.

He turns the computer off and pushes on the desk, making his chair back up a little.

Eight hours of sleep and I still feel exhausted...

Nightwing looks over to a wall that displays clocks of every single time zone in the world.

And he was starting to get anxious. Bruce was off-world on another League mission.

Okay, no big deal.

But Babs and Tim offered, nearly threatened, Dick that they would take over patrolling Gotham tonight so he could get more rest because he "looks like he's about to topple over and die"

Great self-esteem booster.

But whatever. He didn't feel like going out anyways.

He didn't even feel like training.

"Recognized: Batgirl B-16, Robin B-20"

Finally...

Nightwing got up and was ready to give his partners a piece of his mind.

"You know, we have those communicators for a reason--"

His blood ran cold and he felt like he needed to punch something. Hard.

Batgirl was carrying an unconscious and bloody Robin.

Nightwing immediately ran up to them and, noticing Batgirl's own injuries, quickly took Robin into his own arms, cradling the boy's head on his shoulders.

"Can you walk on your own Babs?"

She only nodded slightly and kept a harsh scowl on her face.

Nightwing walked as quickly as he could down the halls without jostling Robin too much or leaving Batgirl far behind.

Once they reached the med-bay, he took a sharp turn and entered the first empty room and gently set Robin down on the bed.

After instructing Batgirl to sit down in a chair he quickly checked the boy's pulse while using his other hand to simultaneously call help.

"I need J'onn in the med-bay now! Repeat, J'onn in the med-bay, it's an emergency!"

Without waiting for him to arrive he started hooking Robin up to the machines when he started to see Batgirl's head start to lull from side to side.

"Babs?"

He bent down to check her pulse as well.

It was slow but steady. She was starting to go unconscious.

Probably got a concussion...

"There's a g-gash on his c-chest..."

She weakly pointed a finger towards Robin and sure enough, there was a tear in his uniform that Dick hadn't noticed earlier.

"Shit! Okay, okay... just rest now okay Babs?"

He rushed back over to Tim and ripped the tear a little more, trying to see how bad it is.

"Damnit!"

He quickly applied pressure to the wound while checking his stats.

It wasn't life threatening but it was going to need a lot of stitches, and he probably passed out from blood loss.

Finally after a few minutes, J'onn came rushing in along with Superman.

Dick quickly relayed what he's learned while the others prepped for emergency surgery, keeping one hand on the wound and the other on Tim's hand.

Soon he was taken away and Dick was left shaking in the room.

His little brother and his friend... could've been killed... and he wasn't there!

Dick clenched the bedsheets once before bending down to pick up Barbara to take her to a clean room.

As he was walking down the hall berating himself and praying for Tim, Babs woke up for a moment.

She looked confused, her eyes weren't staying steady.

Definitely at least a minor concussion.

Dick smiled down at her anyways finally grabbing her attention.

"Hey sleepy head... remember anything?"

She narrowed her eyes, trying to concentrate.

"T-tim?"

Fear once again settled in his gut but he kept it at bay for her sake.

"He's okay, alright? What happened?"

Her eyes started closing once again but she managed a silent murmur that set his blood boiling.

"Red Hood..."