The Dawn's Arise

Okay, first off, why did everybody like Matt so much last chapter?? x) O-kay, peoples, it's time we saved Danika!

Chapter 65: The Dawn's Arise

Delightful Mansion

A band of Teen Ninjas burst into the currently-deserted mansion, guns ready as they aimed around a bedroom with a king-sized bed. "Yeah, this was the Delightful Children's room all right." The leader said. "You sure it's in here?"

A shadow being slithered in and faced the leader, smiling and nodding. This shadow was none other than Maleficent, Lucinda's shadow. The being slid under the bed and found a secret compartment in the floor, pulling out a box. She presented the box to the Teen Ninjas and opened it, revealing what looked like half of an old helmet.

The Teen Ninjas tapped their BRAs and concealed their armor as Olivia Johnson and her henchwomen gave smirks. "Perfect. Now to wait for the freaks to deliver the rest."

Final Brain

"Are you sure about this, kid?" Cad Bane asked Nolan as he and Aurra were fixing their ship for take off. "Not that I have any problems with acting behind Brain's back, but YOU could get in a lot of trouble."

"To heck with Brain. I need to help Danika." Nolan told them.

"Whatever you say, kid." Aurra replied. "Ship's ready for take off. Where to?"

"The front of the castle; we need to get her."

Bane did as told and lift the ship out of the hangar, landing at the front part of the castle where Danika still sat, lost in her depressing thoughts. "Danika!" Nolan called, rolling to her. The goth glumly looked up a bit to face him. "Danika, come on. We're going to get you help."

"No one can help... no one wants to... no human on Earth wishes for selfless desires..."

"Danika, just come ON! For me... please..."

The two were several feet away, but Danika could plainly see the strong pleading look in his eyes. "Okay, then..." she sighed depressedly, standing up and slowly walking toward the ship. Nolan turned and rolled in beside her as Bane and Aurra began to lift off again.

"Alright, guys, let's get to Virginia." Nolan ordered as they took to the sky.

From one of the base's many balconies, Darth Genious watched them, smirking in his mind.

Cleveland, Virginia; rainstorm night

A Brotherhood ship landed a few feet outside the city as April Dickson dashed out, carrying the sickened form of Midna in her arms as the cloudy sky roared with thunder. "Hurry up!" Gary the Stormtrooper called after her. "I don't wanna miss poker night with the guys."

The streetlights were the only light visible in the pitch-black rainy city as Midna kept trying to gasp for breath. "It should be... just around there..." Midna panted, weakly raising her arm to point to an alleyway not too far. April hurried down and made another turn right, finding Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Emporium, the parallel torches above the doorway burning bright despite the rain, as well as the flames in the skull.

After his whole ordeal with that alternate timeline, the witch-doctor was busy fixing up the artifacts in his shop. He heard his door suddenly swing open and jumped around, immediately raising his magic cane when he recognized April Dickson. "You! Stay back, now. Chad told me about you, and I ain't lookin' to be robbed again."

"Please, I'm not here to hurt you, but this creature needs your help." She held up the dying Midna.

"Holy..." Facilier gasped, "The Firstborn of Shadow! I..." He hesitantly looked around his shop, then grabbed some kind of cup off a shelf. He pulled a lid off and reached into his pocket, where he pulled out a dim-red fruit which he squished the liquids out of, into the pitch-black drink in the cup, which he stirred with his cane. "Here, drink this." April sat the Firstborn on the table as he poured the drink into her mouth. He pulled away after Midna drank a good amount, still trying to breathe.