Eighteen

Remember my storage space? I found a use for it now in combat.

While travelling through the Bone Desert to track Kesler, I walked into the Greater Sandjaw I tried to avoid last time. This time, though, I killed it.

I loaded half a mountain of rocks into my storage space, and when the Greater Sandjaw tried to swallow me, I just let all the rocks out.

I couldn't eat it, since its skin was too hard. So I picked it up in my spacious storage space and let the skin decompose for a bit before I cut it off and got into the flesh.

Yes, it worked. I can now go for a long time without water by storing it in every bit of my body. If I'm cut, blood isn't the only thing coming out.

Okay, that sounds disgusting.

I see a mountain over to the left. That's nothing special, but pathfinding's being thrown off.

There's a natural ability in all creatures to find their way home, wherever it may be. Before I left my hill, it was my hill. Before I left Kesler to go and figure out when I can evolve, I set it to be Kesler. However... I did not account for the fact that Kesler moves. So I can pathfind to Kesler's previous location.

Pathfinding is nearly impossible to influence, unless, you know, Kesler. So the mountain I see is either something human, breaking up pathfinding, or it's the mountain. There's no noise or smoke, so it's the mountain.

Wraiths are proud creatures. I'm no exception. I'm going up that rock.

This is a tall mountain.

I'm halfway up it, and when I found an alcove to rest in, I turned around.

There's a river flowing through the forest, between two mountains, and then to a place I'll probably never see. I'm about to hit the clouds, and the peaks look like they're giants, holding up the sky, refusing to fall.

The sun is up there, and the cloud layer is being burned as I watch.

After I leave this mountain, I'll definitely come back. In fact, I'll come back as a Sunbird.

Wolves. That's what lives on this mountain.

Wolves. Not the average wolf, but Bronze Wolves, Silver Wolves, and Gold Wolves. Hundreds of them.

If they attack me, I'm going to hope that I can survive a fall from here. If I can't, well, I'll drag a few down with me. However, wolves are smart beings once they hit Silver. Not as smart as me, of course, but smart enough to know the damage a cornered Wraith can do.

Can we talk about it?

We can talk about it.

This is the Wolfpack, the division of the Creature Alliance that contains all the wolves. The Wolf King, who is a Stage Eighteen Gold Wolf, leads the Wolfpack.

The Wolfpack's normal soldiers are Bronze Wolves Stages 1-12. Captains and Corporals are Bronze Wolves, Stages 13-18. Officers are Silver Wolves, Stages 1-12. Sergeants are Silver Wolves, Stages 13-18. Low Generals are Gold Wolves, Stages 1-12. High Generals are Gold Wolves, Stages 13-18. The entire thing is led by the Wolf King.

These are not set in stone, however. If a wolf's combat ability can match or defeat a higher stage that is in the next rank, then they may be promoted. Similarly, if they're weaker than their stage, they may be demoted.

From what I've seen, though, there's only promotions: no demotions. Honestly, anything that can climb this mountain without flight and without blades or human hands is absolutely amazing.

Speaking of humans...

I asked the guide how this mountain had not been discovered by humans yet. The answer: oh, yes it had. But the same waves that throw off my pathfinding also ruin the humans' weapons.

Humans are weak without their weapons.

There are humans that can fly, yes. When they reach Skystar, then they can start to fly. The attackers at Kesler didn't have any Skybreakers or Starfalls, but the Skystar there was a powerful one. They didn't ever find his body.

Also, a human with lots and lots of powerful weapons is dangerous. So the Skystar was invincible until all fourteen Upper creatures launched an attack on him.

Anyways, Wolfpack. Cool.

I'm at the bottom of the mountain.

Well, I didn't actually get down the rocks the hard way: that's impossible. The wolves led me to a waterfall, and tossed me down it. At the bottom was something bouncy, and I would've done it again if climbing the mountain wasn't a hassle.

So I walked on. I need to find Kesler again, and then find out how to keep the Pathfinding mark on it without having to chase it all over again.

I forgot to ask the Wolfpack if anyone knew where Kesler is, and I'm not climbing the mountain for a single question. So, find a few creatures, eat them, and learn where Kesler is.

Nothing new.