Thirteen

The raw materials won't be a problem, which is a rare situation. While travelling in the Endless Plains, I did find a few rare flowers and plants. My way of life is to leave no companion, loot, or possible loot behind.

I went back to the archives. I did some research on the Greater and Upper forms of a Blade/Light Wraith. It's going to be difficult... the sensitive information is all locked away.

I did, however, gather this: the Blade/Light Wraith's Greater Form is called, on a whole, a Sunsword. The archives talk about a powerful bloodline passed down through wraiths. However, that bloodline seems to randomly appear across all wraiths that have any amount of Light Wraith and Blade Wraith blood.

Now, the older books talk about the Sunswords and the Lightswords. Lightsword might be the wraiths that haven't activated the Sunsword blood.

I haven't seen Emrys in a few days. I wonder what he's doing. Hope he hasn't gotten himself into trouble.

I found more information on a lot of species in the Archives. I'll recite some.

Firebird: Greater form is Phoenix, Upper form is Sunbird. I'm pretty sure there's something above that.

Gorgon: Lower form is Stalker, Upper form is Weaver. So, Gorgons are Greater creatures, not Lower creatures like I thought.

Goliath: Greater Form is called Behemoth, Upper form is Leviathon.

Chimerae: Chimerae are a strange type. They can take any shape, naturally able to Shapeshift. That means, they don't actually have forms or Stages. Lucky them.

Dragons are a bit split. There's the Scaleborn, and then there's the Divine type.

Scaleborn dragons don't have a Greater or an Upper form, they're just like that. With four legs, massive wings, and a spiked tail, Scaleborns are powerful at birth, and become gradually stronger until they become powerful enough to match most Upper creatures. Then, they have to eat gold and jewels and such to maintain their longevity.

Divine dragons are a lot hardier. Their bodies are like Scaleborns, but no wings and basically all tail.

Lower Divine dragons are basically massive serpents. To become a Sky Dragon, their Greater form, they must face the Trial of Lightning. Lightning from the sky will descend, and as long as the dragon doesn't die, their bodies are turned into those of Sky Dragons.

Sky Dragons will then grow legs and claws. In fact, their potential is measured by the number of claws. Five-clawed Sky Dragons are basically given a free pass to Upper form.

Sky Dragons become True Dragons, once again braving the Trial. Then, there's nothing.

I am firmly believing that there's something above the Upper Form. How can there just be... nothing? I can wonder what's above the Upper form all day, but in the end, I'll just get a headache.

All this knowledge was gathered by one single wraith, who spent eight days inside the archives. That is one amazing feat, is it not?