Twelve

Night has fallen on Kesler, and I'm currently inside the cave.

Highlight of today: I used air burst, then figured out why they don't want us to do it: a large section of dirt collapsed on my head. Another clump blocked the door, killing the lights.

I don't need eyes to see, I'm a wraith. I can ping sounds off the walls and figure out what's around me. Emrys, not so much. He's a Sun Wolf, and immediately started glowing as bright as he could. Overkill.

Anyways, when we cleared out the mess, the cave was... cavernous. No, don't be like that. But if I curled up tight enough, Emrys could fit in on the other side. I'm bigger than Emrys, after all. Emrys is still a bit smaller than I am, but the aura makes him look bigger.

So while it is a bit uncomfortable in here, with the limited space, I've got a night light and company. I can deal with it.

Three days of digging. That's what it took to make a cave that I could comfortably sleep in, and large enough so that Emrys can sleep at night.

He's scared of tight places. There's a term for it, the humans have, and it's... something phobic. Whatever.

I learned more about Kesler in the time that I took a break. Kesler is a moving mountain, and it's been enchanted by ancient magic since the first living beings found it. Any kind of outcast that ends up at Kesler is welcomed.

On the other hand, those who would hunt down said outcasts disappear mysteriously. Sometimes they turn up at home, with no memories of what happened. Sometimes, a similar creature is spotted far away from Kesler. And then there's the time when some creatures come back with blood on their arms and suspiciously full stomachs.

All in all, Kesler is a good place to be if you deserve to be there.

I asked around about everything, but especially about the mystery of Star Wolves and what goes above the Upper Forms.

I'd been happily asking around when a wraith/gorgon came up to me. I say wraith/gorgon because it had the blades of a wraith, but the four legs and thicker waist of a gorgon. It told me to keep quiet with my questions, and if I had any more, I should go visit the archives.

Doing it tomorrow.

I found a pile of information on what's above Upper Form.

Ha. No.

Apparently, I need to be at least a Councillor of Kesler to access the part of the archives that has a lot of... sensitive information.

So I sat around in the archives, and I found something. I'd been just looking at the memories pressed into the pages, flipping randomly, and found the art of alchemy.

Alchemy. Al-che-my. Turning plants into essence and essence into energy. Then use that energy and evolve.

I have a storage space that only I can access, created from the ability in the Sunbird's feather. While I haven't tried growing plants and storing food in there, I still do have some plants. Now, it's time for a class on the elements.

Blade Wraiths are Steel element, but it's more complicated than that. Wraiths emerged from the darkness in the very beginning, so we're also the mutated element of Darkness. Also, I'm half Light Wraith, which belongs to the mutated element Light.

Steel, Darkness and Light element plants, then turn that into something I can eat.

Alchemists are all in human form, all shapeshifters, since it's the humans that created alchemy. Some creatures stole it, then found they couldn't change it to fit the biology of creatures.

Why? I don't know. Something about summoning Earthfire, Skyfire, and Corefire. I've spent a lot of time in the archives, and there isn't even a trace of any sort of creature having Corefire. Earthfire is from special vents, and Skyfire is summoned with human drawings.

There's very few alchemists in Kesler, and they have a lot of business. I'll have to give them a lot of extra materials for payment. Then get in line for a request. Then, I wait. And wait. And wait.

I don't have patience. That'll be a problem.