Chapter 9

I hope Marinette is okay. Cat Noir thought as he ran back down the narrow path. His plan was to distract Les Poissons until Ladybug came to help, and then he hoped she knew what to do after that. Superhero training one o' one. Take things one step at a time. Cat Noir thought as he ran into the courtyard where the ball was being held. I need to get these people to safety.

"Everyone, go into the ballroom! A villain is headed this way!" Everyone started screaming and running into the ballroom. Cat Noir scanned the skies. Where are you? Then Les Poissons flew into view and started shooting green slime out of his black spoon. Cat Noir twirled his stick, stopping the slime from hitting him.

"Heh, is this all you got? This is just a workout for me!"

"Don't taunt the bad guys, Cat Noir; it just makes them angry." Ladybug said, running toward him.

"Yeah, don't get in over your head, Cat Noir." Cat Noir quickly glanced over his shoulder to see Rena Rouge next to Ladybug.

"Looks like there isn't a lady this cat can't attract!"

"Guys, we need..." Ladybug started coughing. "We need to stop him from hitting people with the green slime, I think it makes you sick." She continued coughing.

"Ladybug's right, and I think she got hit with some of that stuff." Rena Rouge said.

Then Les Poissons stopped shooting at them. "Time to feed you pink macaroons!" He pointed his spoon behind them and shot a pink slime ball out of it. Before they could do anything, it hit one of the guests. Her hair turned green, and her outfit turned into an all black suit.

"The pink stuff must turns people into his minions!" Ladybug shouted over the panicking guests

"Stop them!" Les Poissons shouted. He hit two more people, and the same thing happened to them. Then Les Poissons flew away, calling for Chloe. As he did, his minions attacked the superheroes. Cat Noir blocked the minion in front of him. They exchanged blows back and forth, then he darted under the minions legs, turned around, and knocked him out cold. He ran over to help Ladybug. She was doing well until she started coughing again, but Cat Noir managed to hit the minion on the head before it landed a blow on Ladybug. They ran over to help Rena Rouge, but she had already won.

"Nice work." Cat Noir said.

"Thanks."

"Guys, we need to -cough- make sure Chloe -cough cough cough- isn't hit with that green slime."

"Ladybug's right. We can't have the whole city getting a cold." Rena Rouge noted.

"Okay, I saw him fly this way. Lets find him and figure it out from there." Cat Noir led them to where he had seen the villain disappear. They came to the front of the palace, where Marinette and him had seen the statue. Marinette, oh I hope she's alright.

They saw Les Poisons flying overhead, so they darted and hid behind the statue.

"I think the akuma is in his black spoon, since that is where his powers come from. Anyone have a plan on how to destroy it?" Cat Noir asked.

Ladybug stood up and threw her yoyo into the air. "Lucky charm!" She whispered. She looped the yoyo around her waist and held out her hands. A long wood plank fell into her arms before she started coughing again.

Once she stopped, she looked around the castle grounds, putting together a plan. "Okay, I got it." She whispered to them. "Rena Rouge, I need you to make an image of Chloe over there." She pointed over to the front steps. "Cat Noir, I need your cataclysm to destroy his spoon, but first we need to make a catapult."

*****************************

Cat Noir was standing a bit in front of the statue on one end of the wooden plank Ladybug's lucky charm had given her. They had gotten a nearby rock and had used it to make the catapult. Ladybug was crouched on the knight's shoulders, ready to launch Cat Noir into the air. His back was to Ladybug. Rena Rouge was standing at the base of the statue.

"Go, Rena Rouge!" He heard Ladybug whisper as they saw Les Poissons fly in their direction.

Cat Noir heard Rena Rouge playing her flute, then he heard her whisper, "mirage!" An image of Chloe appeared in front of the castles main entrance. Rena Rouge screamed in a pretty good imitation of Chloe. The Chloe image put its hands to its face, looking scared. Les Poissons took the bait, and he flew toward the fake Chloe. All of a sudden Cat Noir found himself airborne. He was flying toward Les Poissons, who was getting ready to shoot fake Chloe with green slime.

"Cataclysm!" Cat Noir yelled. His power activated, and he landed on the frying pan with Les Poissons. He reached out and hit the spoon before Les Poissons could react. The spoon crumbled to dust, and an akuma flew out of the dust.

"Time to de-evilize!" He heard Ladybug say. Her yoyo flew up into the air and captured the akuma. Cat Noir jumped down from the frying pan.

"Bye bye little butterfly." She said as a white butterfly flew up into the night sky. The man who had been Les Poissons fell from the sky, and Cat Noir caught him and set him on the ground.

"Miraculous Ladybug!" Ladybug shouted as she threw the plank into the air. The man stumbled off.

"Pound it!" Rena Rouge, Ladybug, and Cat Noir said as they fist bumped.

"Feeling better, Milady?" Cat Noir asked Ladybug.

"Much, thank you." Then her miraculous blinked. "Come on, Rena Rouge." Together they ran off back to the party. Cat Noir ran into the kitchen, asked for some camembert, and ran off to a bedroom.

"Claws off." He turned back into Adrien, and Plagg appeared in front of him.

"Now will you give me some camembert?"

Adrien held out the plate. "Eat up, Plagg. Cat Noir has a party to attend."