Chapter 3

"So, who's it gonna be? Cat Noir or Adrien?" Plagg asked as he ate some camembert on Adrien's table. Adrien and Plagg had been watching the news when Mayor Bourgeois announced that the cities two heroes were invited to the Paris Ball.

"Dad finally let me go do something with my friends." Adrien said, words he never thought would come out of his mouth.

"Promised freedom."

"But he always gets mad and ruins the fun."

"Dreams shattered."

"No one can ground Cat Noir, but Dad could go through with his promise. He did seem in a good mood today."

"Why wouldn't he?" Plagg asked. "Everyone was happy because no one got akumatized today."

"I wasn't! It made the day extra boring." Adrien grumbled. "He was probably happy because I did a photo shoot of his new line of clothes, and there weren't any interruptions."

"Yeah, Cat Noir finally got a nap today." Plagg said as he shoved a slice of cheese bigger than his head into his mouth.

"Well, since he was sleeping all day, I think he should get a chance to party all night." Plus the girl of my dreams might be there to party with me.

"So Cat Noir will be there, then?" Plagg paused, then asked. "Are you sure this isn't about Ladybug?"

Surprised, Adrien asked, "can you read my thoughts? Wait, no you can't. You've never done it before... can you?"

"Course not! I just know your beating heart too well."

"Yeah, well maybe not that well. This isn't just about Ladybug; I don't want Dad to spoil my fun. Plus when do I get to have any fun as Cat Noir without fighting super villains?"

"What is the point of Cat Noir but to fight villains?" Plagg asked, picking up another slice of cheese.

"Cat Noir fights villains all the time, so shouldn't he have a little party time? Besides, what harm could I do? Stop a villian from crashing the party?"

"No argument there." Plagg said. He looked at the empty plate in front of him. "I think we should restock on the camembert if Cat Noir is going to party all night."

Adrien ignored him. He was currently formulating his genius plan. "I can pretend I'm sick that day, lock the door, go to bed early, then sneak off to the party!"

Plagg turned around. "That's great, but I didn't hear the part where we go and get camembert for my stinky cheese deprived stomach." Adrien laughed, and changed into his pajamas.

"Sorry, Plagg, not tonight. I should probably go to sleep. There is always a pre-sickness to the sickness. Going to bed an hour earlier is a start to that." He climbed into bed.

"If you don't feed me some camembert I could get sick!"

Adrien turned off the lights. "It would be very bad if I got sick you know!" Plagg continued. "Cat Noir wouldn't be able to go to the party!"

"Good night, Plagg."

"I'm serious!" Plagg whined. Adrien ignored him. Plagg flew over and laid on the empty plate. "Fine!" He mumbled. "If I can't eat it, at least I can smell it and dream about eating it." With that they fell asleep.