Chapter 11

Ada woke up screaming that morning. Everywhere she looked she saw the....creature she turned into. She quickly turned on the TV to get her mind off of the whole situation. But she instantly regretted when the Mandarin's voice filled the room.

"True story about fortune cookies," he started. "They look Chinese. They sound Chinese. But they're actually an American invention. Which is why they're hollow, full of lies and leave a bad taste in the mouth. My disciples just destroyed another cheap American knockoff. The Chinese Theatre. Mr President, I know this must be getting frustrating. But this season of terror is drawing to a close. And don't worry, the big one is coming..."

She switched it off quickly. She then scrambled for her phone. She quickly dialed the number she knew she could count on.

"Jackson?" she spoke quickly.

---------------

"So, you turn into some sort of creature, but you have no idea how to control it and now you're freaking out because on top of that there's a terrorist around?" Jackson asked while they both waded in the water at the cove.

"Yeah," Ada sighed.

"Well...I'm sure that no matter what, you'll make it through," Jackson comforted.

Ada smiled at him. The two just stared at each other for a few moments, before they slowly felt themselves leaning in. Their lips feverishly brushed against each other, and then Jackson planted a hesitant kiss on her lips.

However, they were soon interrupted by Ada's phone ringing from the beach.

----------------

"Why in the hell would you invite a terrorist to the house?!" Ada screamed as she went downstairs after her father.

"First off, it was a threat to him. Secondly, with the suits, myself, and you're...whatever it is, we'll be fine."

"Okay, I can't control my 'whatever it is.'"

"But we have JARVIS, so we're fine," Tony spoke as he sat down in a chair, while Ada sat on one of the tables.

She picked up a screwdriver and began to work on a small earpiece to where she could have JARVIS wherever she went. She put in the final piece and then plug it into the computer for JARVIS to upload into.

"I've compiled a Mandarin database for you, sir, drawn from S.H.l.E.L.D., FBI and CIA intercepts. Initiating virtual crime scene reconstruction."

The area around them slowly began to resemble the Chinese Theatre, while JARVIS showed Tony several articles. Tony stood and looked through them.

"Okay. What have we got here?" Tony mumbled. "The name is an ancient Chinese war mantle meaning 'adviser to the king.'South American insurgency tactics. Talks like a Baptist preacher. There's lots of pageantry going on here. Lots of theatre. Close."

It all went away. Tony then looked through the holographic image of the theatre.

"The heat from the blast was in excess of 3,000 degrees Celsius," JARVIS began to recreate the scenario.Any subjects within 12.5 yards were vaporised instantly."

"No bomb parts found in a three-mile radius of the Chinese Theatre?" Ada raised a brow.

"No, ma'am."

"Talk to me, Happy," Tony looked down at the recreation of Happy. "When is a bomb not a bomb? Any military victims?"

"Not according to public record, sir."

"Bring up the thermogenic signatures again. Factor in 3,000 degrees."

"The Oracle cloud has completed analysis," JARVIS brought up a map. "Accessing satellites and plotting the last 12 months of thermogenic occurrences now."