Chapter 26

She didn't know how her life had come to this. She was locked in a cell, nothing in it except for the old mattress that laid on the floor. She couldn't remember any of her previous time at HYDRA; it faded from her memory once she thawed out. But she swore it was better than this. 

The door screeched as it was pushed open. Her eyes glanced up to see Spencer had walked in. 

"How's it going, Stark?" he smiled. 

"Fuck of-" A crackle came as the collar heated up and let out a beep. All breath was knocked out of her lungs. It diminished. She hissed in pain, and the collar came alive again. Her hands shook as she tried to claw at the collar on her throat. She whimpered slightly. The collar let out another beep and her vision became nothing but white static. She went stiff as she collapsed to the ground and twitched.

"I see you have just figured out what all the collar can do. Weapons don't talk. So, anytime you make a noise, that will shock you," he explained. "Also don't follow a command and that collar will shock you."

She finally was able to get on her hands and knees. Her head lifted up to him with tears and rage in her eyes. She hoped Steve, Tony, or Natasha could find her. She wanted to break Spencer's face the first chance she got. 

———————

Ada sat silently when the agents first came for her. She didn't move when they waltzed in. 

"Get up," Rumlow's rough voice ordered. 

She stared at him defiantly. 

The collar beeped, and she began to shake as electricity coursed through her. She collapsed onto her side. Her lip began to bleed from where her jaw locked and teeth snatched it. The current stopped and she couldn't help but breath heavily. 

"Rule number two, don't defy orders," Rumlow taunted before two other agents heaved her up. 

They practically drug her through the halls until they got to a room that had various weapons lined up on one wall. Her eyes glanced around them until something was shoved into her hands. She looked down to shes they had handed her two swords, katanas to be precise. The hilts were wrapped in black. They weren't brand new. There were scratches on the blades and places where hands had wore down the hilt. 

She grabbed one by the hilt, only to find the hand imprints matched hers perfectly. She cringed as she thought about her lack of memories from HYDRA. Course she had grown since then, but hands were the first part of the body to stop growing. So if it were to be hers, her hands now would match her hands then. She was yanked again as they dragged her to the middle of the room. She sent a quick glare at the agents, but the door opposite of the room then opened. It revealed a man being brought in. He was dressed in all black and had shoulder-length brown hair. Ada's eyes caught onto his left arm. It was completely metal.

She grimaced slightly. This was Fury's assassin. How many people had a metal arm.

"You're training begins now," Rumlow ordered. 

It didn't take long for the man to make his move. He swung at her with the metal arm. Out of instinct, she dodged. She kept the swords close to her as he attacked again. He tried to bring his arm down on her in her crouched position. She crossed the swords in an x above her head and sparks flew from the contact of the swords and the metal arm. 

No getting out of this, she thought to herself.

She shoved him back. He stumbled slightly but regained his footing. She cut the katana through the air and cut his ankle. He hissed slightly before he grabbed the blade of the katana and jerked it from her hand. He tossed it to the side. 

Down to one.

He then pulled out a knife and twirled it before throwing it at her head. She acted on pure instinct. She didn't even realize she was doing it, but she twisted the katana and blocked the knife. The man looked shocked for only a moment before he kicked her in her stomach. She let out a humph as she hit the wall. She landed crouched, and realized she had lost the last katana. 

He now held it as he walked over to her. She flicked out her claws. He held it above his head as he prepared to end the fight. She slide between his parted legs and jumped up before kicking him in the back. He stumbled. She tried to punch him, but he blocked it. He lifted the katana, but she slashed his stomach. He grunted as he fell down and dropped the katana. She punched his face, but his metal arm grabbed her fist and twisted her arm back. 

Not even thinking, she let out a cry of pain. The collar rang out before the world became nothing but white currents. He let out a scream as the current rode up his metal arm and shocked the rest of him. She stiffened as she was shocked once again. Once the current stopped, she rolled off of him and knelt to the ground. He sat up. His metal arm was stuck in a tight grip. He grunted as he tried to get it to work, but to no avail. The agents who had brought him in picked him up by his arms and dragged him back out the way they came. She turned to the people who had brought her in.

"Impressive first training session, she-wolf."

———————

It had only been three days since she had been captured. Training was brutal under HYDRA. She had no rest since Spencer had initially came to see her. In their words, HYDRA was in a time of crisis. Steve was on the loose, and that worried them. So, they wanted Ada to be ready. 

She had orders to kill on sight.

Burn marks began to creep up her neck, the skin underneath the collar long since blistered and raw, but she wasn't even allowed to have treatment on it. She currently sat in a chair as medics attended to the new wounds she had obtained from her training. They wrapped her hands tightly. Her knuckles had split from all the times she punched someone or something.

"You know they tried to make you like the Soldier. Have code words that would switch you, but...you resisted and that would take too much time. I think one came through. You always reacted to it, but not enough to give us the control we wanted. This collar makes it so you have to follow orders," Spencer droned on. One thing she had learned about him was that he was very arrogant when it came to his work, and he made sure she knew. Plus, she couldn't talk back to him. 

She heard the door open up. She glanced up to see Pierce walk in with his entourage behind him.

"Hello, she-wolf," he smiled. "What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?"

Ha Ha, she rolled her eyes. That was a mistake as she heard the collar let out it's warning whine and then she felt the electricity course through her veins again. Her hands locked up as they gripped the chair they were in. Muscles spasms overtook her body. It finally relinquished. 

She bowed her head as sweat collected on her skin. She heaved as she took back the oxygen the electricity took. She just caught her breath when the collar let out another beep, and she flinched. 

Her eyes glanced upwards as she saw Pierce standing there expectantly. Had he given an order? 

"Let's go, she-wolf," Rumlow spoke and dragged her up by the arm. 

She couldn't ask where they were going or anything, and frankly, she didn't want to know.