Chapter 1

The building was nothing short of creepy. The halls were now barren and dusty, like in those horror movies. The place was void of humans walking through the halls talking about business. LED lights filled the place with a very bright glow. It was also freezing. It felt like a freezer in the entire building. There was even bits of frost and ice in some areas.

However, all of that changed in one day. The lights all of a sudden went out. The chilling temperatures suddenly became more of a lukewarm as ice that had been formed slowly started to melt. After hours and hours of this process, all of the ice was gone. There was something in the melted ice block though.

---------------

Her eyes slowly opened and took in her surroundings. She slowly looked around to find that the capsule had opened. She took a cautious step out and looked around. She found her phone laying on a table, surprisingly intact and charged. She looked through her phone camera and saw that her face was beaten up and she had a black eye. She then started looking through her phone finding a news article that interested her.

ADALENE STARK MISSING: PRESUMED DEAD.

Her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. Ada was very much alive as she was her. She then decided to record a video on her phone.

"Suprise. I'm alive, obviously," she gave the famous Stark smile as her bruised face looked at her phone camera. "Yeah, so people thought I was dead....that's fantastic. If someone could help that b-be...great."

She fell to the floor as her head started spinning, she passed out. Someone walked over her and took the phone from her hand and ending the video. They picked her up and carried her into another room.

----------------

Ada woke up from her second nap that day. She looked around and found her surroundings different. She was in more of a bedroom type setting, and she laid on the most uncomfortable bed she had ever been on. But, she was not alone.

"Hey. Sleeping Beauty finally decided to awaken?"

She quickly turned, in fear of seeing Jones there, but instead to find a guy in his twenties. He was pale, and had short brown hair with the eyes to match it.

"Who are you?" Ada asked.

"A person. Somebody like you. Just I'm actually funny," he laughed. "See if it was me I would have quoted some movie or just come up with a witty joke and probably would have been like: Please tell me nobody kissed me to break the spell."

"Look, we don't have to be friends, but I want to get out of here. So can you just, tell me what the hell is going on?" Ada pleaded.

"Damn, wasn't expecting such seriousness. Name's Spencer. And 'the hell' is going on is you've been frozen in a stasis tube for a while. Let's just say, that high school sweetheart you had is older now," he explained. "What year were you born?"

"1993 Why?"

"Because, it's 2013, meaning you'd be 20, but I read your feet they left behind, and it shows they aged you back a year. They like to keep us young for as long as they can."

"Who do you mean 'us'?"

"Me and you, I was an experiment too, but I woke up a little quicker than you."

"Why are we awake now?"

"They abandoned us."

"Who abandoned us?"

"The people who experimented on us. Man you don't catch on quick."

"Sorry it's all just a little confusing."

She then thought back to something he said.

"How are you like me?" she asked.

He chuckled for a bit.

"You see, we are the lone survivors of Obadiah Stane's research on how to alter the human DNA to make it enhanced. I was here for a while before you, but they did the same stuff," he shrugged.

Ada nodded.

"Um, you might want to clean up, running water is about the only thing we have right now," Spencer advised. "There's a bathroom on the right."

"Thank you," Ada replied.

She stepped outside of the room and went into the room on the right. She saw a small bathroom that just had a shower, toilet, sink, and a mirror. She looked in the mirror to see several scars and bruises on her face. When she took off her shirt, she saw several cuts on her back.

She sighed and took a shower. She wouldn't have thought much of it, she just wanted to feel clean for once. But when she got out, she was shocked. Every cut, scar, and bruise had vanished. She traced over where a cut had been earlier but found not even a small scratch there.

She shrugged it off and went back into the room with Spencer.

"So, what's the plan now?" Ada asked.

"Well, we can't stay here forever," Spencer stated matter of factly. "They left some food rations here, so we can live off of that for a while, but without proper storage, it'll all rot."

"Okay, so if we get the power back up and running we're good," Ada replied.

"But that'd be kinda hard. What are you a genius?"

"I'm Tony Stark's daughter, helped build the Iron Man suit, and helped him in battle. Yeah, that's one way to put it," Ada smirked. "I'll post that video, the government or my father can figure it out, and in the meantime we can try to live here."

Ada pulled out her phone and started to post the video.

"Okay, so let's get the power back up and running," Spencer stood.

Ada finished uploading the video and walked with Spencer through the winding hallways to a power box. Ada opened it and started to mess with some of the wires and switches. The facility roared to life.

"Now all we have to do is wait," Ada smiled.