Chapter 12

WARNING! This chapter is a little triggering. Or maybe a lot, I am not sure.
Once my foot stepped on the grass, I sprinted towards the Cornucopia, along with everyone else. Once one of them reached the weapons, the blood bath began.

The first one to reach the weapons was Cato-the guy from District 2. He took a spear and threw it towards someone, resulting them to fall to the ground, motionless, dead.

I turned my head back towards the bow to see it gone. Glimmer from District 1 has taken it already and was running towards Cato.

Gosh, the Careers(the strongest one who has been training for the hunger games their whole lives and mostly volunteer and win), are forming an alliance already.

I started sprinting away from the blood bath and decided to follow Cole's words. Get away from the Cornucopia, find water.

On my way away, I spotted some backpack and decided to take it. Unfortunately, a guy reached for it in the same time and we pulled, until a knife was throw in his neck and he fell down.

I turned towards the person who threw the knife to see Clove, another career from District 2, aiming one at me.

She threw it and I placed the back in front of my face, which she was aiming at. The knife stuck in the backpack, giving me a weapon.

Before Clove can move, she was pushed to the ground by another tribute, who's throat she sliced.

Before she can come after me, I ran as fast as I could towards the woods.

I ran and suddenly hit somebody. I fell on the ground, the other person as well.

I looked up and saw a girl with reddish hair, looking back at me. She looked scared-just like me. Me and Kai have names her Foxface, since she looked a little like a fox and we couldn't remember her name.

The two of us got up and ran in different directions.

I ran and ran for what felt like hours. At some point I couldn't move anymore so I stopped and sat down take a breath.

I decided to see what I had in the bag. I took it from my back and placed it on my lap, opening it. Inside was a small metal water bottle. I opened it and tried to drink, but it was empty. Would it have been so hard if they filled it?

I closed the tab and put it aside to check the other things. There was a rope, a thin sleeping bag, some dried fruits and packed meat, along with Clove's throwing knifes.

Not bad, I thought to myself.

Suddenly, I heard the cannons. I guess the blood bath ended.

I started counting them. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven. Eleven people already dead. Eleven kids just lost their lives to entertain the Capitol. And there are thirteen left, from which only one will go home alive.

I heard the buzzing of planes coming. I looked up and saw two of them, going towards the Cornucopia to retrieve the eleven bodies. The thought makes me sick to my stomach.

I got up and walked around, searching for water and keeping the knife in my hand, just in case.

My thoughts wandered to Kai. Where is he? Is he alright? Did he escape the Cornucopia? I didn't see him anywhere. Did he manage to take a weapon?

I shook my head. No. I can't be thinking about him. I will probably have to kill him at some point, so I can go home.

No. I won't be able to kill him. Not him. Not ever. He has done too much for me and my family. I can only hope that at least someone else will kill him instead of me, or if I die, for him to go home.

After more walking, I was getting tired and hungry. I decided to keep the food I have in my bag and decided to go hunting.

I don't have a bow and arrows, but I am gonna try my best with a knife. It can't be that hard, right?

Wrong. The only thing I killed was a squirrel, which I hit by mistake.

After I removed the skin, I made a small fire and started cooking it. After I ate it, I made a small trap if someone comes this way and tries to kill me.

After I was done with everything, it was getting dark so I climbed up a three and sat down. I pulled the rope and sleeping bag out. I stuffed the bag in the bottom of the sleeping bag and then slipped in myself. I wrapped the rope around me tightly so I won't fall and looked at the sky. It would of been beautiful if not for the circumstances.

The anthem started, which meant they will show which tributes died today. I looked at the sky and watched, praying Kai was not one of them.

The female tribute from District 3.

The male from District 4.

The male from District 5.

Both of six.

The male from eight.

Both from nine.

Female from ten. And that was it. Kai is still alive.

I let out a breath I haven't realized I was holding. Why do I care so much he's alive? He's the enemy, right?

My thoughts were cut off by high pinched female scream, not very far by. It was followed by a cannon.

After second of silence, laughter filled the space. I looked down and saw the Careers-Glimmer and the boy from one, Cato and Clove.

The six of them were laughing, making fun of the fallen tribute, that they just killed.

"Did you see her face?"Glimmer said, laughing."No! Please don't kill me!"she said, mimicking the poor girl that just lost her live.

I stayed still so they won't notice me, but kept watching them.

Cato suddenly turned away from Glimmer and locked back."Hey lover boy,"he said."You sure she went this way?"Cato asked and a fifth person came after them. The breath hitched in my throats.

Kai is with the careers.

Okay, I am posting now to make it up for the last week. I will still be updating on Saturday. Have a great week! And may the odds be ever in god favor!