Lost in My thoughts, I didn't realize Hannah screaming at me until it was too late. I was surrounded by men dressed in all black with dangerous looking guns trained on my head. Shoot.

Whistling shrilly I called Hannah to my side to help me fight. She landed on my shoulder gracefully and glared at the men the best a bird can do.

A man stepped forward. He was wearing an eyepatch and was bald. Huh. Not exactly my form of mass murder but eh. I can easily take him and his goons.

Almost not thinking, I concentrated on the guns and made them into useless sand that slipped from the men's fingers, and still kept eye contact with eyepatch. The goons stood up awkwardly, not knowing what to do without their guns and other weapons.

Eyepatch glanced around nonchalantly, nodding in approval.

"Well done Lila. You seem to be able to control your powers fairly well." he said.

I growled at him.

"It's what happens when people are trying to kill you every second of your miserable life." I said in a threatening voice. Well, my definition of threatening. Sadly a six year old isn't considered scary or worthy to be feared.

He frowned.

"That's what I've come to talk to you about. See, I am the leader of a agency called S.H.I.E.L.D. You may have heard of it before on the news"

I looked at him.

"You really think I have watched the news since I've moved into the wilderness PERMANENTLY ?"

He scratched the back of his neck a bit sheepishly.

"Oh. Yes. Of course. Sorry."

"And I'm NOT leaving my home for some doofus that thinks he can control my decisions"

"Right. I almost forgot my reason for being here in the first place. Would you like to join a team of people who save others from attacks on mankind?" He asked in a way that it was like he knew my answer was yes already.

I scoffed.

"Does any of this 'mankind' contain humans?"

He looked at me a bit funnily, "Uh, yeah, of course it does. What else woul-"

"Then I'm not interested. If filthy humans can destroy innocent people without second thought, they can save themselves from the eminent opposing force. I hope it kills all of you." I said, cutting him off.

He sighs, "I didn't want it to come to this, but it seems I must."

He made a signal and at least 50 people jumped out of the deep grass. They all had on tan colored outfits for camouflage.

'Hannah? Let's kick some human butt.'

She laughed in my head maniacally and leaped off my shoulder after I armored her feathers into the crowd, breaking every gun and weapon in sight.

Quickly I transformed into adamantium and concentrated on all the metal around me. Then, I imagined the soft sands of the Bahamas, and switched the properties mentally. All the weapons and dog tags fell to the ground as the sand slipped through the men's fingers.

Hannah swiftly landed back onto my metal shoulder.

I looked over to eyepatch and said,"If I would take you up on your offer, I would be joining you to protect the same people who killed my parents, burned my house down, and kidnapped a five year old, not caring how it would changer her. I grew up that day and aged thirty years mentally. The worst part is that they had no remorse. I am tempted to kill you all right now, but that would make me just like them"

As they processed what I just said, I changed back into my natural form and called to all the birds within a mile radius and made my bones hollow. The sixty some birds easily flew me to my main destination across the state and went back to their business within a span of 2 minutes.

My natural form is as easy to 'transform' into as my human form, though the natural one is much more comfortable for obvious reasons.

In this form, it is my camouflage to the outside world. To put it simply, I look like a tree shaped like a human with golden grass with little pinkey orange flowers in it as hair. I don't need clothes in this form (luckily or I would be considered a wanted shoplifter by now).

That day was the only time I saw Nick Fury and when I made the first of many fatal mistakes during my time as a native forest dweller. He left and never came back as far as I know and I really don't care. Sadly Hannah died two years later of old age. She was happy, though, and that was all I wanted for her.

I lived in that forest pretty peacefully for around a year before I had to move again. It was the best part of my time as a native actually. After that though, things really started to go downhill.

Quick authors note

Hey everyone! (I know it was short sorry but at least I updated!) Thanks for reading the first chapter and thanks for your patience with me. Yes I know I said this is an X-Men fanfic, and it is! But I had to add Nick Fury in here just this once to keep your attention peaked during these boring first few updates!

Thanks again and peace out!