Volcano

Your POV
I sit up watching Owen park his bike. "Yeah?" I say brushing myself off. "We need to get off this island. The volcano is ready to blow. Soon. Mostly everyone else has evacuated but the news somehow got to us late!" Owen says, a panicked expression on his face. I jump up. "B-But what about lily, and the raptors, and all the other dinosaurs!?" I say worried. "YN we don't have time." Owen says looking down, tears visible in his eyes. "N-no. We can't just-" all of a sudden a chunk of molten rock crashes down in front of us. "HOLY SHIT!" I scream  backing away as Owen drags me onto the bike. "LILY!" I scream tears running down my cheeks. I hear her roar one last time before the sound of rumbling takes over. We make it down to the last evacuation boat just in time before it takes off. There was no time to save any dinosaurs. It was over. (OR SO YOU THINK😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏) everyone sits in silence on the boat, most of us watch in horror at the now burning island in front of us until it was no longer visible.  4 hours. 4 hours on this boat. I drift off for most of the ride, before jolting awake to the boat hitting the side of the dock. I take my head off owens shoulder looking at him with my tear stained face. "It's gonna be alright. I promise." Owen says wiping my tears as I nod, and we slowly get off the boat. " you can stay with me for now" I say to owen as I unlock the door to my familiar old apartment. "Here we are" I sigh as Owen looks around. "Hey with some fixing up this place could turn out nice" Owen smiles, and I nod, a million thoughts still going through my head.