Strangers In The Night Pt7/Ambreigns

Roman Reigns sighed, as he finished getting dressed, the sun had just begun to rise, but he had been up now for a couple of hours. He hadn't been able to sleep well the night before knowing that today was his last day on his train trip; a trip that had changed his life forever. When he first boarded the train, he hadn't been expecting much out of the trip really, other than to unwind and relax. Fate though has a funny way of putting certain people into your life when you need them the most; whether you know it or not at the time, and fate had done just that to him. Six days ago, he had met a gorgeous, mysterious man named Dean Ambrose; in the beginning of their relationship things had been rocky, but not giving up, Roman managed to make things better between them and they were happy together. Everything changed though and their relationship ended two days ago after Roman received a phone call from his best friend...brother, co-worker and roommate Seth Rollins. He had called to tell Roman something he had found out about Dean and he had overheard their conversation, ruining their fragile new relationship. He sighed again, as he sat down on the edge of his bed and thought about everything that's happened to him since he boarded the train.

Roman had just spent two weeks nursing his sick mother back to health, now that she was better she insisted he go home to his life. Feeling exhausted and unlike himself, his mother suggested he take a train home, so that's what he did. He boarded the train and faced five long nights and six long days...it sounded like Heaven! Roman wasn't sure why he felt like he did, he loved everything about his life. He loved his job and especially his best friend...brother Seth; they've been friends since they met in elementary school, they clicked the moment they met and have been best friends all their lives. They live and work together at a Real Estate agency, there was nothing they didn't know about each other! Lately, though, he's been feeling like something was missing and before it affected his job or friendship with Seth, he needed to figure it out and deal with it. So, when his mother suggested the train trip home he figured the time alone to unwind was exactly what he needed.

After boarding the train and finding his bunk, he decided to go get something to eat. He went to the Dining Car, but it was completely packed, so he decided to go to the only non-packed car which was the Smoking Car and have a drink instead; he'd grab some food later. Roman didn't usually drink very much, but since he wasn't driving and he didn't have to work in the morning why the hell not; he deserved it! He got his beer and sat down at a booth behind a guy who was a smoker and was also sitting alone, he decided to talk to the guy. When the guy turned around to reply to him, Roman froze, he was the most gorgeous guy he had ever seen! They ended up arguing over Roman being in the Smoking Car, before the guy ended the conversation and turned back around in his seat. The rest of the time they were in the car they didn't speak again, which Roman regretted.

Roman ended up spending time with two men who had thought knew him, but were wrong; they had apologized and went to leave, but Roman stopped them and asked them to join him. The entire time he talked with the men, he knew the guy was listening to every word they said; even though he pretended he wasn't and Roman snuck glances at the man smiling, which were unnoticed by the guy. By 3 AM Roman had had enough, so he said his good nights to his new friends and they left. Once they were gone, Roman turned smiling to talk to the man, but was very disappointed to find he was gone; he wasn't even sure when he had left. Sighing he got up to leave, when he noticed the man's lighter on the table, so smiling he picked it up. It had the initials DA on it, so he knew it was important to the man. He stood waiting...hoping to see if he'd come back for it, when he didn't Roman; not wanting someone else to take it, decided to hold onto it for him and return it tomorrow. He went back to his bunk and after changing, he got into bed. He lay on his back playing with the lighter, as he smiled. He was attracted to the blond-haired, blue-eyed, dimpled man who owned it, but it wasn't just the man's looks he was attracted to, it was his personality too! He knew it wouldn't be easy to get to know the man, but Roman wouldn't quit until he did! He put the lighter on the small table by his bed, before he fell asleep dreaming of the man.