Song for the rest of this chapter: The Promise- Tracy Chapman (on repeat)

"True that." Ethan sat down on my bed, taking his socks off. "Remember the first time we really saw eachothers true colors, like our soft sides?"

I was kinda taken aback, "On the boat that night." I smiled softly at the thought, grabbing my public speaking textbook.

"That night is forever in my heart." He looked at me, "I realized that night more than ever that I had to have you. Now we're here." He smiled soft, loving.

"I realized that night the same thing." I blushed and looked down, "I trusted you to take me on a boat, tell you a little about my life, you tell me yours."

"You made it so easy. You're so inviting, so warm,"

I looked at him, "So full of love."

"Our broken pieces fitting together to make the most beautiful picture of love and strength."

I nodded, "My poetic man is coming out and I love it." I smiled at him before putting the pencils into the bag.

Moments of silence pass until I looked over at him again, catching his beautiful face looking directly at mine.

"Autumn?"

"Yeah?"

He looked at the floor, jaw clenched. "I... love you."

I zipped my bag and went over to him, "I love you too." I whispered.

He put his hands inbetween his legs, his head down staring at the ground.  "Don't leave me."

"I'm never leaving." I whispered.

He kept his gaze steady on the ground.

"Love?" I knelt down infront of him.

"I'm just so scared."

I placed my hands around his, "Why?" I looked up at his sad, dark eyes.

"I...I dream of you Autumn. I dream of you in so many ways. Of us now, of us fifty years down the road. It doesn't matter when, or where I am, it's always you." He took a breath, "Even on our break, I always found myself back to you in my dreams."

"And I dream of you, of our future." I rubbed his hands, "Our future is so bright." I whispered.

"And when I remember you,"

"The touch of you," I whispered.

"Your voice,"

"Your everything." I wiped the tear slipping from his honey pot eyes.

"Wait for me." He looked at me, his eyes looked pained as they overwhelmed within his sockets.

"What?"

"I'm not leaving, I'm never leaving."

I looked at him.

"Keep a place in your heart for me. No matter what happens, wait for me. Wait for the proposal, wait for the marriage, wait for the kids, wait to grow old. Just...wait for me."

"I will." I wiped under my eyes. "I will always."

"Promise?"

"I promise." I whispered, pressing my lips to his soft, plump ones.

He lifted me up into his lap, falling back onto the bed. His head bumped the wall causing us to laugh against eachothers lips.

"Your kiss is all I will ever need." He whispered.

"Your embrace is all I will ever need." I whispered back.

He kissed me again, pressing hard against my lips, the passion dripping off of them.

This love pouring out of them.

My love pouring back.

No matter where I am, his heartbeat is my home.

This moment in time, the day before I start a new chapter, feeling his heartbeat, his lips, hearing his words.

I need nothing more.

I longed for a love so unconditional, so full.

I have that with Ethan.

Nothing can take this moment from me.

Nothing can take him from me.