First Appointment

Today I have my first appointment with the OBGYN that Tara referred us to to check on our little bean.
"What time is the appointment again?" Tig asks me as I get out of the shower and get dressed.
"It's at eleven, it's currently ten which means you need to get the hell out of bed and get ready there's no way we're going to be late to this appointment!" I respond.
"Okay okay I'm up." He says, finally getting up. He walks over to where I'm putting my shirt on and puts his hands on my bump before kissing me.
"We're having a baby." He says, smiling down at me.
"Yeah, we're having a baby." I respond, leaning into him for a kiss.

We've been sitting here in the lobby of the Labor and Delivery/OBGYN Clinic at St. Thomas for what seems like an hour.
I'm sitting here, flipping through a magazine as Tig paces back and forth.
Before I know it he's back at the desk pestering the poor receptionist.
"How much longer you think it's gonna be?!?" I over hear him ask her.
"Sir, like I said before I don't know."
"The hell you mean you don't know?" He asks, frustration present in his voice.
"Christ." I mumble to myself, this would be a good time for me to pull him back before he does something stupid.
"babe, come on let's go sit down." I say pulling at his arm.
"Fine." He sighs.
"Apologize to that poor girl!" I say.
"For what?!? What did I do?" He asks.
"Alexander Trager...." is all I have to say before he turns around to apologize to the young girl at the desk.
We go to sit back down and I turn to him.
"You got somewhere to be?" I ask, trying to figure out why he's in such a hurry.
"No, why?"
"Just trying to figure out why you've been pacing back and forth and acting like we're on a time limit, asking how much longer every ten minutes."
He lets out a breath.
"I'm just ready to see my kid....our kid...I never got to do this with the girls and with the other baby....I guess I'm just nervous doll that's all..."
I put my hand over his on his lap, intertwining our fingers before leaning over to kiss him.
"You know your cute when your like this." I tell him.
"What so I'm not cute all the time?!? Thanks Audrey that hurts!" He says, pretending to be hurt by my words.
I playfully hit his shoulder before leaning my head down to rest on his shoulder.
We're like this for a good ten minutes before we're finally called back.

*knock knock knock*
"Ms Teller?" A tall man asks, entering the room.
"That's me." I reply.
"I'm Dr. Renfro, It's nice to meet you." I shake his hand as he gives me a smile and looks over to Tig.
"And you must be dad." He says, shaking his hand.
"Yeah, yeah I am." Tig tells him.
"It's nice of you to come to your daughters appointment with her!" He says, causing me and Tig to both look at him.
"Wait no, he's not my dad!" I explain, trying to hold in my laughter.
"Yeah I'm the baby's dad man.." Tig says, clearly not as amused as I am.
"Oh...well...my apologies, I guess I just thought you two seem to be a few years apart I guess I just assumed." He tries to explain himself.
"Hey no worries, it's not the first time we've gotten that hell i'm twenty-four and he's almost forty-five, I get it!" He smiles, glad that he didn't offend me.
"Let's get this ultrasound shall we?" He says and we nod, ready to see our little bean.
"The babies got a strong heartbeat, that's great." He says.
"It looks like your about twelve weeks along now Ms. Teller. I'll get this picture printed out for you and let's schedule another appointment for say, twenty weeks. It was a pleasure to meet you." He says, shaking our hands again before leaving the room to us.
I wipe the gel off of my stomach before putting my shirt back down.
"Hey dad?" I say, teasing Tig as we wait for the pictures.
He gives me a look.
"Shut up." He says playfully before coming over to kiss me.
The nurse finally comes in and gives us copies of the ultrasound, then we head off to Teller-Morrow for the day.

We get back to the clubhouse, me in my car and him on his bike. I park my car next to his bike and go into the office to give my mom one of the copies of the ultrasound picture.
I open the door and see her standing there talking to Clay.
"Hey guys." I say, smiling as I open the door.
"Hey sweetheart." Clay says.
"How did the appointment go baby?" My Mom asks.
"Went great...doc was nice enough, thought Trager was my dad!" I say, laughing.
That causes Clay to shake his head.
"How's the baby?" He asks.
"Well that's what I came in here for, I wanted to give y'all one of these." I say, digging in my purse to pull out the ultrasound picture.
"Can't believe I'm getting another grand baby!" Mom says, causing me to smile.