Chapter 19

I tapped my foot impatiently. If my stomach growled one more time I am going to faint. I was feeling restless and nervous and I don't know... I can't think of anything else but that kiss, that touch of Eduardo last night. Those words coming from my mouth. I told him I loved him... Napahawak ako sa sentido ko. Willing myself not to tear my favourite establishment to the ground. I flicked through my messages for the hundredth time as my 30 minute break dwindled away.

My thoughts drifted when Leila knock my door, "Good morning Miss, The board meeting is about to start" Napa-buntong hininga ako. "Okay just give me a couple of minutes and I'll be there. Thanks" I'm so fucking nervous, just because Eduardo and I kissed last night doesn't mean I forgot how to act straight. Get over yourself, Amor. It. was. just. a. kiss. Also, he ran away after you told him you loved him. What do you expect?!

Flashback *** Just when I told him I loved him, His phone rang and we stopped kissing. Maybe he is waiting for that call kaya naman dali-dali niyang kinuha ang phone niya sa bulsa ng pants niya. "Sorry Amor but I have to take this call" He kissed my forehead and walked hurriedly towards the door and left my office. What the fuck just happened?! I was left there dumbfounded. I took all my things and composed myself. I went to the bathroom and wash my face then tears started to fall. I don't know why I am feeling this way pero parang natatangahan ako sa sarili ko. Did he just left me after I told him I loved him? Did I say something wrong? Millions of questions and yet there is no answer. I am so willing to give everything tonight just to be with him and yet he left me here dumbstruck. I waited forever but he didn't come back *** End of Flashback

Making my way to the Board room, a sigh of relief escaped me. Eduardo isn't here. I can now work peacefully thank goodness. Just when one of the Member of the Board started with the discussion, Eduardo went in and took the seat beside me and smiled at me like a fool. "Hi Good morning" his smile was big as the ocean and his eyes were twinkling in delight. "Good morning." as I said it back giving no emotions. "Sorry for keeping you waiting a while back uhmmm now that Eduardo Buenavista is here, let us welcome him as one of the member of the Board" everybody welcomed Eduardo and clapped at him. Ang bilis ng transition nito pagkatapos niya akong iwan kagabi biglang magpapakita na parang walang nangyari?! I frowned at the thought. Getting out of my reverie Eduardo looked at me again like he was teasing me. When one of the member of the Board was discussing his right hand slid through my left hand but I composed myself and focused on the speaker.

The meeting lasted for an hour or two, Everyone in the Board room left but Eduardo stayed as if he was waiting for me. "Why are you still here, Eduardo? Tapos na ang meeting you can go home now" as I said not looking at him and making myself busy fixing my laptop. "Kumain ka na?", said Eduardo, "No i haven't eaten but I'll just let Leila order some food for me, thank you for asking" but Eduardo didn't left the room and sat on the desk while I fix the cables, "Ang cute mo", at doon na ako napatingin sa kanya, pretending I didn't heard what he said, "What did you just say?", He grabbed the cables from my hand and fixed it "Ang cute mo kako. Ikaw pa kasi nag-aayos ng gamit mo kahit may secretary ka naman" ahhhhh nang-aasar, "Sanay lang ako ayusin mga gamit ko", Eduardo carried my laptop bag and said "Tara kain na tayo, Di pa ako kumakain since last night", I stopped him from walking and confronted him, "Why did you left me, Eduardo?" Napa-taas ang kilay ko as if I was the girlfriend. The thought of me not being his girlfriend hurts me, Ano ba Amor please be gentle to your self. Eduardo faced me and by the look of his face I know that something is bothering him. "Amor, I–, I'll tell you but let's eat first shall we?". Of course wala na akong nagawa. I followed him outside and we went to this korean restaurant I am not familiar with.

The restaurant looks fine just like what you see in those korean drama you always watch. But what really amazed me is that there is a griller inside the resto and they are grilling this fresh meat and everyone is laughing and happy and, "Amor, pasensya ka na. Vegan ka ba?" Surprised. "No, I'm not.", "Well that's great! Tagal ko na nagke-crave sa ganito. Let's go?" Wala na naman akong nagawa kundi sumunod kay Eduardo. We went in and the staff waved at us and guide us to the vacant seats. Scared that my white dress get dirt, Eduardo seemed enjoying what he was seeing, "Sorry ha? First time mo ba sa ganito?", said Eduardo while teasing me with his intoxicating smile, "You're not sorry, natatawa ka pa nga", tawang tawa si Eduardo habang kinukuha ang mga utensils na gagamitin namin,

"Sorry ang saya ko ba? Masaya lang talaga ako na nakakasama na kita at nakakausap ng ganito, walang awkwardness. Seriously, Thank you"

Naiilang pa rin ako, Awkward sa akin ito, gawain to ng mag-girlfirend/boyfriend di ba? Ano ba kami? Ano ba ito?

"Eduardo, about last night—"

"Sorry Amor, something came up last night, uhmm Pam called and I went to see her"

Para akong binagsakan ng langit at lupa. Pam called and in a split second he went there to see her. I grabbed the tong and grilled my first cut of meat, then I grilled every meat available. I make myself busy grilling. Chillax Amor! Patapusin mo muna kaya mag-explain si Eduardo. Natetense ka agad di mo pa nga alam nangyari

"Go on.." I said, while grilling the pork belly

"I came to see her to tell her I don't want to get married to her and told her about our past and that I still love you—"

The stove went to the highest heat and it fired up the whole pork bellies, I burned myself and dropped the tong. Eduardo called the staff to take control of the stove and Eduardo grabbed my hand and caressed it. What did he just say?! The wedding is off?? And that is because of me??

"Amor are you okay? Let me see, sabi ko naman sa'yo ako na ang magluluto napaso ka tuloy, sorry" he grabbed my hand and kissed it, caressing it slowly. It tingles me. His lips on my hand, it sends a thousands of volt. Kalma Amor ano ba yan paka-gaga mo in all levels

"I'm okay, wala lang naman ito, paso lang... don't worry I'm fine. Naisip ko lang na maling idea mag-kwentuhan dito. Dapat focus ka lang sa pag-luto eh" I looked at his worry face and smiled. He smiled back and took the tong and starts to grill. We talked about work and his dreams and plans while eating samgyupsal. I have never been this happy. It feels so free.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

OMG you guys, sorry to keep you waiting this looooong... it's been what?? 5-6 years??? Ughh haha I'm back to writing. Dami nangyari sa life ko haha now that I'm here, I will continue to write this story. I really hope you're still here. Thank you sooo much for all the good comments.