Chapter 16

Yes.. Yes.. I already sent the files to your email, Miss.
The hard copies i think, it was on its way. I told the express to sent it directly to Power Corp.

Thank you, Leila. I'll just send you an acknowledgement receipt once I got it. Tell Benita, I said hi.

Yes, Miss. I will tell her.

Okay then..

The conversation ended and I keep focusing on my emails. Still looking for the files that Benita's assistant sent to me but I still couldn't find it. Before I could lose my patience, someone knocked on my door. Well, it was Dale of course.

"Ex-cccuse me, Miss. But there's someone out here who keeps on insisting that he has an appointment with you..... Uhmm... Should I let him enter your office?", Said flushed Dale. Her usual pale face became reddish when she was talking to me. Who would that be? And what was happening to her.

"May sakit ka ba?" I ask her.

"Ah.. eh.. miss, wala po..."

"Well, okay, what does he look like?"

Flushed Dale turning red again.

"Pogi..." as she said blushing. Who would that be?

"Okay, Did you ask his name?"

"I am so soo-rry miss. Nakalimutan ko po." Hiyang-hiyang sagot sa'kin ni Dale.

"It's okay. But don't forget next time. Importanteng tinatanong mo. Mamaya killer yan."

"Killer nga po. Namamatay po ako sa kapogian niya, miss eh! Ay este hindi po... Sorry po... Pasensya na po, miss. Pasensya na po."

"Well, I don't mind. Sige, baka ayan na yung messenger from Buena Corp. Telll him to come inside."

I was busy typing when a familiar man scent distracted me from facing my laptop. Why in the world?!!

"What are you doing here?!", I asked him. That sounds rude pero na-shock ako eh. Sa lahat ng bumibisita sa akin. Siya ang nasa huling listahan ko sa mga taong ine-expect kong darating ngayon.
I took off my eyeglasses and shut down my laptop.

"I'm sorry, uhh.. nagulat lang ako... Sorry for being rude. Please take your seat, Eduardo."

This enigmatic human being, perfect in all appearances stared at me confused. And then, he is back with his beautiful smile, the smile that could light up the whole universe...

He sat down in one of the chairs in front of my desk.

"Sorry, Amor. I should have told you na bibisita ako ngayon sa Power Corp. I just wanted to se- uhm.. just wanted to bring this to you.." He handed me the hardcopy of the files from Benita's.

"I thought, ang messenger ninyo ang mag-dadala nito sa akin. But, anyway, thank you.." I smiled. Keeping my poise, praying that I could stay calm.

"Nag-volunteer ako na mag-dadala sa'yo ng files..." He smiled to me, again.

"You don't have to..."

"Amor...." Ano? Mahal ko??? What!! Where is that coming from!! Focus!

"Yes?"

"Is it okay, if uhmmm, if I invited you to have a coffee with me?"

HOW COULD SOMEONE SAY NO WITH THIS BREATHTAKING MAN! TELL ME, IMMEDIATELY! HOW?!

"Well, of course." Hmm.. kaladkarin.