Chapter 12

Benita stood up to her seat and lift up her champagne flute. Everybody stops eating and their attention was now with Benita.

Eduardo and Pam focused on Benita's sudden announcement that everyone caught her attention.

"Good evening everyone. Thank you for coming to this dinner, I appreciate all your kind gestures and efforts to travel all the way here in Punta Verde, some are from the farthest place pa nanggaling kaya I really appreciate all of you who came along here. I just want to dedicate this event to Miss Amor Powers because she reminds me of my young days noong nagsisimula palang ako mag-business at noong dumating sa punto na I became successful. So, I believe that Power Corporation and Buena Corporation will become more successful in this coming years. I would like to make this toast to Amor and Eduardo, To your arising partnership, cheers to the both of you!"

Then everybody cheered and I was completely shocked, The room filled in applause and the guests greeted me and Eduardo. So, Benita set this up for us. I can't believe Benita. Amor, I don't see any problem with that besides it's for business or do you want something else? My subconscious was right, there is no problem working with Eduardo because it was all just for business, Not to win him back. Win him back?

Benita greeted me and hugged me getting me out of my reverie.

"Darling, I'm sorry if I didn't tell you na Eduardo will be handling Buena Corporation now. I know we became good friends at gusto mo na ako ang maka-trabaho mo. Pero naisip ko na tumatanda na ako but not physically of course..." she said jokingly "... No really, I handled this company for 40 years and I wanted now to give it to Eduardo tutal siya naman talaga ang tagapag-mana nito. Well, of course Diego has a part of it too." she explains.

"Benita don't worry, it doesn't matter to me kung sino sa inyo ang maka-trabaho ko. I was just shocked kasi I thought ikaw ang ka-partner ko but really wala sakin yun." I said while holding her hand, assuring her that everything's fine with me. Or not?

"Really Amor? Oh wow! Hindi talaga ako nag-kamali sayo. Noon oo pero ngayon hindi na ako mag-kakamali pa."

"What do you mean?" I asked curious to what she said.

"Nothing. I was just really glad that this happened. Osiya maiwan na muna kita."

Benita greeted her guests and friends and waved goodbye to them while I was still here to where she left me, standing dumbstruck to what really happened. This still news to me.

"Amor..." I turned around to see that it was Eduardo who came to me.

"I'm sorry about what mom announced.."

"Sorry? About?"

"About... Our partnership." giving me his shy flirtatious look. Just kidding erase the flirtatious look, it was just me imagining nasty stuff.

"Oh that.." I fake laughed. "That's nothing to me, Eduardo. I'm a businesswoman and I've encountered a lot of sudden changes like that."

Oh c'mon Eduardo! Don't look at me like that.

"hmmm?" speak to me!!

"Again, I apologized for my mother's sudden changes. Ngayon ko lang din nalaman na ibibigay na niya sakin ang responsibility to our company."

I nodded. "It's okay. Well, I should go now. It's getting late. Just say goodbye for me to your lovely fiancé okay?"

Then I hurriedly went outside and exhaled.

"Oh jusko! Hihikain ata ako sa tuwing nakakausap ko siya.." I murmured while caressing my chest, a sign of mannerism whenever I get nervous.

"Ma'am? naka-handa na po ang sasakyan ninyo." My driver said making me jump of his sudden existence.

"Ano ka ba naman manong, nagulat ako sayo! Kanina ka pa ba dyan?" I said irritated.

"Hindi po ma'am, hindi ko po narinig yung para po kayong hihikain pag kausap niyo siya."

Aba joker to si kuya! Okay.

"Ikaw talaga manong di na kita kukuning driver sa susunod. Let's go!"

"Ay ma'am wag naman po."

"Haha! Just kidding manong. Tara na ho."

Manong smiled at me and opened the door for me. And we drove all the way back to the hotel. What a night! This deserves a hot bath. It's time for me to relax.

💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟
Good news! JODIAN will have an upcoming projects and rumor has it that one of those projects will have Richard Yap in it. Sounds exciting!

Jodi haba ng hair mo