Chapter 02

Chapter two

“Right now you’re all allowed to talk and to get to know each other better.” Mr Shaster said and left the classroom to get a cup of coffee.

I looked outside again; I didn’t feel like talking. Especially not with those bitches sitting in front of me.

“So did you have any gay sex lately?” Juliet asked me with a baby voice.

I ignored her. “I’ll take that as a yes,” she grinned. “Just fucking leave me alone.” I said.

Andy looked hurt for a second but I didn’t care.

“Hey JuJu!” Travis screamed from the other side of the classroom. “Is fagboy already giving you some answers?” “No, he doesn’t want to talk. Well, he’s going to make that up after school.” She grinned.

Great, I’m getting beaten again. “We’re going to beat his ass, fancy helping us?” Juliet asked Andy. He shook his head, “no thanks. That’s really pathetic, beating people up.”

What? Did he just defend me?

“HE is pathetic.” Juliet said and pointed at me. I just looked outside again.

“Nice boots.” Juliet said to Andy. “Thanks,” he mumbled, “why don’t you say that to him?” he asked and pointed at me. “Because he wears ugly ones.” “We are wearing exactly the same boots.” Andy said and raised his eyebrow. “Oh really?” Juliet asked arrogant. Andy nodded and smiled at me.

I smiled a weak smile back.  “But Andy,” Juliet began again. “Do you please, please, please want to go to the prom with me?” she asked. It’s obligated. You have to go, unfortunately. “Hm okay” Andy murmured.

“Yes! Oh thank you Andy!” she squealed and kissed him on the cheek. Andy blushed; it was almost like he wasn’t used to be popular.

“Can I sit with you at the break?” Andy asked me suddenly. I nodded, “sure.”

“Ew,” Juliet said, “then I’m not going to sit with you today Andy.”

“That’s okay, then I’ll talk to you later.”

The bell rang. “Where are we going to sit?” Andy asked. “Um, third floor?” I asked. “Sounds okay to me.” Andy answered and gave me a warm smile.

I picked up my messenger bag and swung it over my shoulder. Andy had a black backpack.

We walked to the third floor and sat down there.

“What’s your name?” Andy asked, “I assume it’s not ‘fagboy’, right?” he chuckled lightly. “I’m Ashley” I said. “That’s a nice name, I like it.” “Thanks.”

“I’m sorry for what happened today with those girls,” Andy apologized.

“Why would you say sorry?” I murmured. “I know what it’s like to be bullied.” Andy sighed, “I was so afraid it would also happen at this school… But fortunately for me they don’t bully me. But I don’t want to bully you, or treat you wrong Ashley.” Andy said.

“It’s okay, I’m used to it.” I said quietly.

“That isn’t a good thing Ashley, I was too, but it’s so much better now.” He said. I just nodded.

“Hey, do you know KISS?” Andy asked suddenly. I nodded and a smile stretched across my face. “I love them.” I said. “What about Mötley Crüe?” he asked. “Also great,” I smiled.

“What do you think about The Misfits?” I asked. “I love them,” he smiled.

“Do you play any instruments?” Andy asked me. “I play guitar, bass and I sing a bit.” I said. “Awesome,” he smiled, “I sing and play bass too.

Andy seemed like a really great guy.

He had the perfect looks and the perfect personality. He knows what I’m going trough at school.

He’s popular yet kind. He’s handsome yet nice.

He studied my face again.

“What are you looking at?” I asked shyly. “Um… Nothing.” He said quickly. “You were looking at me,” I said, getting more confident now he blushed. “No I wasn’t.” he said. “Hm okay,” I said and smiled to myself. He was looking at me and I caught him. And he denied it.

“That Juliet girl, is she always so mean to you?” Andy asked. I nodded, “Yup.” I said, popping the ‘p’. “What a bitch.” He said. I shrugged.

“I can tell it’s bothering you.” He said. It definitely was, but how the hell could he know? Could he read my mind or something?  I didn’t tell him anything about it, right?” No, I didn’t. I was very sure about that.

“I can see it in your eyes.” He explained.

Great. Stupid eyes.

“Every time she called you fagboy, your pupils went smaller, meaning it hurt you.” He said. I shrugged. “Are you gay?” he asked suddenly. I nodded, “yeah, I am.” 

Andy’s eyes seemed to sparkle, but that stopped as soon as Travis spit in my face; “Hey fagboy.”

“Fuck off.” I said. “What did you say?” Travis asked and stepped closer. Chris and Dan stood behind him.

“I said fuck off. I’m sick of this.” I said and tears started to well up in my eyes again. “Awe, are you going to cry?” Dan cooed. “Fuck. Off.” I hissed.

“You’re coming Andy?” Chris asked.

Andy looked at me and I nodded quietly. “Go,” I whispered.

He softly touched my arm and stood up. “Never go sit with that fag again.” Travis said to Andy.

Andy swallowed and nodded.

When they walked away Andy looked back. “Sorry” he mouthed. I just turned my head away and swallowed hard.

I took my notebook and opened it, looking through my lyrics to see if I had already writing something I could use for the project.