XXIII. Preparing For The End

I couldn't breathe.

Shit!

"Ary?" Nathan asked, looking at me like he was begging for this to not be true. His eyes were on me... pleading. But we both knew the truth. He's staring at the truth. He was just refusing to acknowledge it.

My eyes went to Andres. His eyes were blazing with the anger that scared me to my core. Gusto kong umatras, pero hindi ko magawa. I felt like one move would be enough for him to unleash all the anger he was keeping.

And that I was the target.

I was a fucking goner.

"I knew there's something wrong with you," Andres said, looking at me with his clenched jaw. "You appeared from nowhere. Then things started to get messy."

Shit.

Shit.

Shit!

I wanted to run, but they were standing in front of the door. I looked around me, and I could make a run towards the room, but I knew I would just be buying time! Andres looked like he was ready to snap my neck anytime!

I was a dead man walking.

"Pierce—"

"Don't talk to him, you bitch," Andres said, cutting me off. Humarang siya sa harapan ni Nathan. He knew my game. He knew what I was playing! "Where's Thomas?"

"I don't—"

But I wasn't able to finish what I was saying when I saw him bringing out a gun. His eyes were blazing with rage, and my heart was racing with fear.

"I hate liars," he continued while he was putting silencer on the gun.

"Pierce—"

Andres pointed the gun at my face. "Who are you?" he asked.

"Ary—"

He fired a shot. Halos mahigit ko ang hininga ko nang tumama iyon sa gilid ko. Shit! An inch more and it would've hit me!

"No more lies, Ary," he said.

I looked at Nathan in panic, but he looked like he was conflicted. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko! I knew I was screwed! Lalo na kapag nalaman nila na nasa loob ng bagahe ang katawan ni Thomas! How would I even explain that?!

Shaking my head, I looked at him. "I'm not lying."

Andres clenched his jaw. I caught my breath when I saw him almost pulling the trigger while the gun was aimed at my head. But Nathan stood in front of him.

"Move," Andres hissed, but Nathan remained unfazed, his eyes on me. Only on me.

"Who are you?" Nathan asked, looking directly into my eyes. I would've believed that he was innocent in all this... but he kept on giving me reasons not to! Bakit siya nandito? Bakit niya hinahanap iyong video? Bakit siya lang ang kinasuhan ni Molly? I had so many questions!

I tried to say something, anything, but words failed me. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what I could say to turn the situation around! I knew I was almost as good as dead! Ramdam ko na kung magkakamali ako ng sasabihin, hindi na ako makakalabas pa ng buhay sa kwartong ito!

Not with Andres looking at me with fury that I hadn't seen in my life before.

"Nathan, move," Andres said again. Fear crept into my system. I needed to think! I needed to get Nathan on my side!