It's Way More Than That

skylar's p.o.v

i was in mission command trying to get a hold of Madison. i really needed to apologize to her. i feel better now. i truly do. the elevator doors opened and it was chase. i haven't talk to him in a month or 2.

i quickly stepped in the elevator and quickly teleport out leaving him alone. but once i stepped out i realized that wasn't a good idea. something didn't feel right. i went back in, back to mission command. he just looked at me. "it was the first time that i saw you".he chuckled. i went over to the other side of the cyber desk. "i had never seen anything so perfect". he smiled. was he talking to me. "i remember thinking... i had to have you or i'd die". he continued. "and i felt...so peaceful". he said.

"i hate you". i told him. As i looked down trying to swallow my words. "I hate you so much".i cried.

"No, no you don't". He whispered.

"I should! I should hate you". I quickly responded.

" I DID EVERYTHING TO MAKE YOU HAPPY, YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT I'M SCARED OF. EVERYTHING. ". He screamed.

"I'M SCARED TO MOVE, I'M SCARED TO BREATHE, I'M SCARED TO TOUCH YOU!.he continued to scream.

"You put me in a position where I had to defend you AGAIN, where i have to bend my morals AGAIN. Where i have to go against every single thing, that i believe in AGAIN. Because I LOVE YOU". I shouted. I cant believe i said. I love him. "Well then stop loving me". He shrugged. "I CAN'T". I yelled. "I only came back downstairs to make sure your okay". I quietly said. "I appreciate the gesture". He sarcastically said.

"There you go, pretending not to feel". I shook my head.

"I feel...okay? And it sucks!'. He said.

"I'm in love with you. Okay? If your looking for the word that means caring about someone beyond all rationality and wanting them to have everything they want no matter how much it destroys you. Its love". He stated.

"And when you love someone you-you just don't stop.ever. even when people roll there eyes and call you crazy. Even then. Especially then. You just, you don't give up because if i could give up, you know take the whole worlds advice and move on and find someone else, that wouldn't be love. that would be, that would be some other disposable thing that not worth fighting for. But that is NOT what this is". He assured.

"your the one who bailed on us. your the one that ran the moment things got just a little tough". i said.

"why is this so hard? i don't wanna fight all the time,i think you should go". he whispered.

"it doesn't matter what you say or what you do, it's just changed everything". i said.

" and now we're in tough spot again. why do you wanna do? how do you wanna handle this,huh? DO YOU WANNA FIGHT FOR US OR DO YOU WANNA BAIL". chase yelled.

I bit my lower lip. "He made me afraid in my room room, my own bed, my own body". I told him. i Looked down and and his hands were fidgeting next to mine. I finally looked him in the eyes.

"Just to look at you matters, chase. Just to smell you went i get a chance matters,chase. Give you a hug. When i guys you there's nothing else there, i feel like i'm floating, okay? When you kissed me i felt like nothing could hurt me and when you stand next to me". i cried. He moved closer to me. "i love you". He said. He leaned in and kissed me. 

i pulled apart from him. "YOU CAN'T JUST KISS ME AND THINK YOU'RE GONNA MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY, OKAY. it doesn't work that way,it doesn't just make it better,okay". i tried to explain.

"just tell me, do you love me?". he asked.

"no, it's way more than that". i said.

Davenport's p.o.v

Me and tasha were talking in the kitchen while naomi watched t.v.
"My son's in jail, my daughter's a drug addict and my other son is suicidal. Where did i go wrong". I shook my head at tasha. "Honey, it wasn't you. It was the world". She assured.

A couple of hours later

Chase's p.o.v

Since this was tasha and Naomi's last night here i wanted to tuck naomi in. "Come on princess, bedtime". I smiled as i put the sheets over her. She giggled. "You wanna bedtime story". I asked. "No. But i do wanna ask you a question". She said. "Go ahead". I smiled. "What's a soulmate?". She asked. Wow! Wasn't expecting that. I thought about it.

"It's, uh, like a best friend but more. Its the one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else. Its someone who makes you a better person because they inspire you. A soulmate is someone who you can carry with you forever. Its the one person who accepted you when no one else did, believed in you before anyone else would and nothing can ever change that". I explained. When i looked back at naomi she was asleep with a smile on her face. I quietly got up,kissed her forehead and turned the light off. "Good night princess". I whispered.

Tomorrow we go back to school. Well. Change has to start somewhere.