Chapter One

Trigger warning: Self harm is a reoccurring event in this series.

Fuck me, I thought as the professor moved faster than my hand could take notes.

"Lilith?" I jerked my head up. "Can you answer the question?"

"Um," I mumbled stupidly. Shit. "Do you think you could maybe repeat it?" Dr. Brown's face looked slightly disappointed. "Sorry, sir."

"Never mind. Moving on." Are you kidding me? My heart was beating a tad quicker than usual, and my nails were digging into my palm. What was that? You know what? It's fine. Fuck that. I centered my focus back to the presentation.

After about half an hour, I scrambled to collect my things and leave as quickly as possible. I walked as fast as I could back to my dorm room. I locked the door behind me and leaned my back on it.

"Bad day?"

"Fuck!" I practically jumped five feet in the air. "You scared the shit out of me."

"You're welcome." I plopped down on my bed and looked over to my roommate, Elisa. She's basically my best and only friend. "How was class?"

"Aside from my little panic attack? Fine, I guess. You?"

"Pretty good." She turned her attention back to her book. I pulled out my laptop and began working on one of my assignments. At least, that was the plan. What I really did was open a blank document and stare at it until I decided to watch YouTube instead.

Next thing I knew, it was dark out, and Elisa  had fallen asleep. I quietly closed my laptop and went into the bathroom.

As I looked at my reflection, something felt wrong. I stared at myself, wondering what it could possibly be. After a few minutes, the reflection kind of warped. What the—? I gently touched the mirror. "It must be really late." I figured I was just tired, but when I tried to pull my hand away, it was stuck. "Well, shit." I tugged my hand as hard as I could. "It would be nice if you would let go now," I said, hoping this was maybe just a dream. "Please?" Like an idiot, I put my other hand on the mirror in an attempt to pull the first one away. I bet you can figure out what happened next. Yeah, it got stuck, too.

"Great. Just great." I considered yelling to Elisa for help, but I didn't want to wake her up. College can be tiring. You're too damn polite. Any other person probably would have already been screaming. Then again, I'm not really any other person. After a few more minutes of pulling, I gave up. I looked up at myself. "What do you want from me? Stupid mirror. I swear if this isn't some freaky dream, I'll—"

"You'll what?" My reflection just talked to me.

"Pardon?" I had to be dreaming.

"What will you do?"

"Apparently have a heart attack. Is that was this is? Am I having a stroke?" I felt like I should be a bit more panicked, but for some reason, I wasn't. "Can I just ask why my hands are stuck? I'd like to go to bed now."

"Just step in the mirror."

"Yeah, sure. Let me just walk through glass."

"Step into the mirror." I actually almost laughed.

"You really think I'm going to listen to my reflection and crawl into a fucking mirror? I don't know what's going on but that's not gonna happen."

"Oh, for crying out loud." Mirror me's hand reached out and grabbed my wrists.

"Of course you can do that." She smirked at me before jerking me in. "Holy—"

And then I think I blacked out.