tres.

tres.

I woke up extremely exhausted. I didn't understand why. Amanda and I only had a couple of drinks last night at her place. I got dressed and headed to work pretty quickly. I saw Antonio, Carla and Jose waiting for me, usually mornings were extremely busy. I was putting on my apron and hat when Antonio asked which position everyone wanted. Usually I took the register, but today I didn't want it. I didn't want to be looking at the door wondering if Alvaro was going to stop by or not.

"Can I not get register duty?" I asked looking up at Antonio. He was tall, really skinny and with dark eyes. He was a party boy. He liked meeting beautiful women, and giving them his number.

"That means register for me." He said with a wide smile.

I started preparing everything as he fixed a few things before opening the door. Once the door was open I started to work. The hours passed and I was waiting for Alvaro to come by. I am not going to let him know that. I am going to pretend that I don't really care. People kept coming in. The typical morning rushing to work, but first wanting to grab their cup of coffee. It started to slow down as the hours passed and Alvaro still didn't come by. I felt like my arms were going to give out. I hated being the barista when it was morning rush.

I stopped looking at my watch once it was 11. He wasn't going to stop by. I had one more hour of work and I wasn't going to wait around for him. I was making another frappuccino for another girl when I heard his voice. I didn't turn to look at the register. I just waited to hear what he had to say.

"Don't worry about it Pablo, it's on me." Alvaro said and I called out the girls name on the cup. "I want one of those yogurt frappuccinos. A tall one." He said and I looked over at him from the corner of my eyes to see him smiling, and with a guy with a similar hairstyle standing next to him.

"I'll have the same." The guy who I assume is Pablo said.

"Names?" Antonio asked picking up the cup and writing down the order.

"Alvaro and Pablo." Alvaro said and Antonio quickly wrote it down and put the cups down for me to grab them. I walked over and grabbed the cup making Alvaro notice me. "Hey Paula." He said making me look up.

"This is the girl?" Pablo said pointing at me. Both of them shared a look and it made me feel self conscious, so I turned around and started making their drinks.

"This is Pablo." Alvaro said after he paid and made his way to where he picked up his drink. I lifted up my gaze to catch a quick glimpse of both of them then continued to work. "I decided to bring you yesterdays goal scorer first." He said making me smile. I didn't know why the smile appeared but it was there and he noticed it.

"You had a match yesterday." I asked him putting the final touches on the drink and handing it to Alvaro.

"Thank you beautiful," He said with a wide smile. I watched him for a moment and studied his face. "Lost in my eyes?" He said with a smirk making me turn around and make Pablo's drink. "We did have a match, and we won if you wanted to know." He said making me smirk.

"That's nice." I said proud of myself for acting all relaxed and not letting him know that I was happy he actually made it here. I finished Pablo's drink and handed it to him.

"Thank you Alvaro." Pablo said leaving us both alone and sitting on a table. Alvaro was drinking and watching me. There weren't any new orders for me, so I could just stand there looking at him.

"Thanks makes one out of 22..." He said with a half smile and putting his drink down next to him. "Do you have a list or something where you are going to cross out the ones you meet?" He smirking at me. I rolled my eyes at him and rested my back on the counter.