Chapter 7: The Traitor

Start from the beginning

"Very well. I'll keep an eye on him. And I'll let you know if anything changes." I said.

"We'll stay in touch." She informed me before leaving.

After a few moments I headed back in a different direction. It wasn't long until I returned to the tower where Obi-Wan and his troopers were. His eyes lit up when he saw me. "Ah, there you are! I was wondering where you went."

"Sorry master, I got lost." I lied.

Before Obi-Wan could say anything, Cody along with a couple of the clone troopers returned. "We're back, General."

"Good the show is about to begin." Obi-Wan replied with a grin.

He then looked back into his macrobinoculars to see where the droids were. It wasn't long until Obi-Wan informed us that they were heading in our direction. I held my breath as everyone anxious waited for the droids to come our way. Then just as I anticipated, the droid army changed directions, splitting up. This surprised everyone but me.

"Something's gone wrong." Obi-Wan suggested.

At that moment, droids entered our tower and began attacking the clone troopers. Obi-Wan and I ignited our lightsabers, fighting off the droids. With ease, I sliced the droids in half. However there were too many of them for us to take on.

"Abort the mission!" Obi-Wan ordered.

"They've surrounded us!" Cody yelled.

I whipped around to see droids coming from the other entrance as well. Looks like we'll have to keep fighting them off until we can find a way out. As we fought the droids, Anakin contacted Obi-Wan through his intercom. "What's going on over there?"

"We're cut off. The droids are onto us." Obi-Wan explained.

I covered Obi-Wan's back while he covered mine as we continued fighting off the droids with everything we got. Soon enough Anakin arrived with his troop, clearing a way for us. "This way is clear."

"How did you get over here?" Obi-Wan asked rather dumbfounded.

"I improvised!" Anakin exclaimed.

Obi-Wan then used the force to push back the droids, and we used that time to make our escape. Once we reached the rooftop, we found several droids catching up to us. However we managed to return safely to our base.

•••

"They had all our intel." Cody informed us as we gathered around the head of a droid who seemed to have intel of the Republic.

"That'll explain the ambush, but how could we have let ourselves become so vulnerable to a breach?" Anakin questioned.

I listened in as I stood by Obi-Wan's side, remaining silent for obvious reasons. I remained calm as I didn't believe they wouldn't be able to trace it back to me.

"I don't think we did." Obi-Wan replied.

"You think someone infiltrated our system?" I questioned. 

"Possibly, it would have to be someone cunning and resourceful to gain access to our plans." Obi-Wan commented.

"That still doesn't explain how they got our intel." Anakin pointed out.

"No, you're right. They would have someone working with them." Obi-Wan mentioned. 

"A spy, sir? But who would want to betray our troops to the Sepees?"Cody asked rather baffled.

"Excellent question, commander. Perhaps it's time we made a visit behind enemy lines. I think we'll find our answers there." Obi-Wan suggested.

"We'll get right on it." Cody said.

"No captain, I need you here to find the security breech." Obi-Wan informed him.

"You can count on us, sir." Cody assured him.

"One more thing, this mission is extremely confidential. The spy could be anyone, let no one know about our mission." Obi-Wan ordered.

"Understood sir." Cody and Rex replied.

Anakin, Obi-Wan, and I bowed in response before walking off to the hangars. As soon as we reached the speeders, Obi-Wan placed a hand on my arm. "Iretia, you stay here."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"We need someone to remain behind if the spy makes there way here." Obi-Wan explained. "Should any problems arise contact me through your intercom."

I sighed. "Fine, I'll stay here."

"Don't worry, we'll try not to have too much fun." Anakin teased.

"You better not." I replied, trying to hold back a smile but failing.

Obi-Wan flashed me a smile, causing something inside me to flutter. "Be careful Iretia."

"You too, Master." I said before they left on the speeders.

After they left, I hid behind one of the ships as I used my comlink to contact Ventress. I hesitated, feeling guilty for betraying them when they've been so good with me. However Asajj's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Amra? Is that you?"

"Yes...it is. The Jedi are headed your way." I informed her.

"Finally, some fun." She replied before hanging up.

With that I made my way back to the command room where Rex and Cody were, standing around the table with R2. After joining them, Cody turned around rather confused to see me back. He probably thought I was going with Anakin and Obi-Wan...that makes two of us. 

"R2's found something." Rex said as he checked the tablet.

"What is it? Is it the traitor?" Cody questioned.

"I'm not sure. Maybe." Rex replied as he inspected the tablet.

"What is he looking for?" Cody inquired. 

"Wavelength interference, weak frequencies, spotty, irregular. See, how it shows up every few days then disappears? Day to day, you wouldn't notice it." Rex explained.

"What?" Cody asked, taken back.

"It's the pattern. The band's only coming off one terminal in the whole base. Check it out." Rex said as he handed the tablet over to Cody.

"Where's it coming from?" I asked.

"Slick's barracks. Only Slick's men would have access to that terminal." Cody informed me.

Rex shook his head. "Slick's not gonna like that." 

"No, he's not. But if one of his men is giving away our intel, we have to find him and sort this out." Cody replied before turning over to me. "Which is why we're going to Slick's barracks now."

Oh great...this should be fun.

Blood In The WaterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara